Chapter 31

Pann

All this chaos, and it's all my fault. I married a great guy and broke his town. Looking around I see young kids scared, Joven's parents, Hannah, Bethany, and Joshua. What I also see, is the door slightly ajar. Having just seen Michael leave, then Joven and Heif run out, turn and wave their hands in front of the door muttering something odd, then they turned and left.

Nobody seemed to notice me or that door. I bet I can make it out. Going past the scroll, I pick it up and scan the information. Maybe what we need is in Dewstone? I can fix this; I know I can.

Tiptoe, tiptoe and, I'm out the door and nobody sounds an alarm. Running quickly, I go through the Reflection Room and out the front doors. Not at all prepared for the sight that greets me. Many Dewbies leaving by the Central Control Room, emergency exits from the ceiling that I had never noticed and yet others are walking around in a trance. They look lost, famished and seem to be searching for something.

Turning right, I begin running to City Hall, maybe there is something on the tablets, the ones I never got to read. Making it only to the stone steps of City Hall, I'm stopped by Karmony and Hattie. They too, look lost, without hope. Sunken faces with vacant eyes.

"See Hattie, easy peasy, we have Cramm," Karmony laughs wickedly.

"My name is Pann, and what do you want from me?" Before I get my answer, Karmony grabs my left hand and begins yanking on my ancient wedding ring, "what Karmony, what are you doing?"

"It's not budging, we will have to go with Plan B," Karmony says. Frustrated by not being able to get the ring off of my very swollen, blistered, hands. I see Karmony nod yes, and a hand encircles my mouth, collapsing I fall, and I know nothing more but blackness.

******************************************************************

Author's note: Well, Dewbies and UpAbove citizens we have reached the end of this book, with only one more chapter to go on Friday.  Please vote, leave a note and let me know what you thought.... Youth Transformed  will be the final book in the this trilogy.

Are things doomed for the residents of Dewstone? Will the Mist remain twisted? What can a scroll reveal? Can we ever learn the history of the underground civilization? Enjoy the final chapter Friday, and please check back in when the newest Dewstone Book is released!