Chapter 27

Pann

Where is Joven? Why is he late? My dinner will be ruined, and not to mention my after-dinner plans, which required a trip by "Fig Leaves and More," and a stop in the lingerie section.

An hour later, a defeated looking Joven walks in the door, and gives me a hug and kiss.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, and see he's holding a small wrapped package. He must've stopped by to get me a gift, too sweet. I just love my Mr. Dimples! Even though we've never said the words to each other, it's easy to see in the way we treat each other, tender and sweet.

He goes down on one knee, and takes hold of my hand.

"Today marks two months since we said our vows, they've been the best 60 days of my life, just don't tell Heif I said that," he laughs. And pulls a small box out of the bag, "I'm humbled by your love for me, and wanted to give your something special," opening the lid is a small gold band.

Clasping my hands together and looking down at my left hand, long ago losing the cast on the right hand from surgery, I look at my wedding ring. Why would he give me another one? I love this one! Subconsciously holding the ring tighter to my chest.

"I know you have to take that one off," pointing to my wedding ring, "when you do your art, so I thought this was a better solution to not having a ring on at all. Besides, I don't want anyone trying to steal my Woman when she's in UpAbove."

Well, that does make sense, and I would hate to ruin this ring that means so much to his family heritage. But I'm still hesitant to let go of my beautiful ring.

"Can I still wear it on special occasions?" I ask as he stands and begins removing the ring to replace it with my new gold one.

"Yes Wife, I'll keep in our bedroom, in my side dresser, but just remember to replace it when you're done, is that okay?"

"Absolutely, now do you want to see what I got for you?" I ask, and wink at him pushing him towards the couch in the living room.

"Give me a show woman, I'm all yours, do you need music?" Oh, my naughty little husband.

"Oh wait, before I forget Karmony and Hattie asked to go with them to the ancient tunnels and maybe a peak at the Forbidden Cave," letting one side of my robe start to slide off my shoulder.

Holy smokes! Joven jumps up and crosses the room, faster than a fireman to the pole at a fire station. Okay, maybe he's not a fan of sexy dancing?

"No tunnels Wife! Promise me, no tunnels!" He gently shakes my shoulders. Oh wow, I sure hit a nerve there, but if it's that important to him.

"Sure. Okay, Joven, I'll tell them no," hearing me refer to him by his name, has him calming down real fast, maybe he won't be getting his show after all, and no music.

"I'm sorry Wife, please forgive me. I should never bring work home from the office, and it's not fair to take it out on you. Can you forgive me?" he looks so contrite, and I nod yes.

"Now hit the button on the speakers, and let me show you what I learned in aerobics class, I got some new moves, that usually make all my clothes fall off, for only you of course."

The robe drops and so does Joven's mouth, and yeah, I still got it!