Chapter 20

Pann

Is he for real?? I am the one wrong?? Stomping all the way to Joven's house, I've decided to spend my last two nights at Karmony's house. We've been texting back and forth, and I know she wouldn't mind the company. She does talk a lot about Joven, but she did say they had been best friends for years. She must surely know him better than I do; right?

Angrily shoving my things into my bag, still only able to use my left hand, it takes longer than expected.

BUZZ! BUZZ!

"Hey Pann! You got some free time? - Hannah

Ha! Free time is ALL I got Sista!

"Sure, what' up?"-Pann

"I'm heading to the library and hoped for some company, it can get kind of lonely sometimes."-Hannah

Slap me in a slingshot! She's a widow, and new to being an empty-nester, she needs a friend.

"Sure, what time?"-Pann

"Can you meet me in front of the library around 7pm?"-Hannah

"You bet, see you then."- Pann

"Thanks."-Hannah

Finished with my packing I start heading towards the library, walking slowly or I will be way too early. I debated leaving a note for Joven at his house, but then everything is my fault, right, so why bother?

Having become accustomed to the Mist, I can feel myself relaxing as I make my way through the tunnels, trailing my fingers along the walls wet with dew, and enjoying the occasional pictures painted on some stones. I need to take some pics with my phone, that way when I'm in UpAbove I can do some research on the images. All too soon, I'm in the main cavern area and spot Karmony. She's sitting on the bench with her friend, Hattie, that I met early this week.

"Hey guys!" I shout out to them, but turn left to begin to walking past them.

"Hey Pann, come and sit with us, we are man-bashing and thought you might enjoy joining us and add some of your own," Karmony adds, laughing with Hattie.

For once, I don't feel like saying anything negative about Joven. He may not win an award for greatest husband, but he's been a great friend to take me in, while I recovered from my wrist injury.

"Sorry, I can't, heading to the library to meet Hannah. You girls have fun!" I hurry away, before they can change my mind.

I pass the Hot Springs Pond, over the bridge and at the entrance to the library where Hannah is seated on a stone bench just outside the front doors.

"So, what's in there that you needed help with?" I ask, as we both walk through the doors.

"I need to collect some books for Bethany, she's been selected to teach the girls side of physical awareness and traditions for the middle-age students." She walks over to the right towards the front desk and asks for the location of several books.

"Well, I know about the 'awareness', I add laughing. "But, what traditions do you mean?"

"Oh, things like the wedding night tradition of the groom inviting his wife inside," I start smiling remembering, Joven did that, and I feel more of my anger slipping.

"And the tradition of the first elixir bath time," she stops and fans her face, she must have had some really HOT memories with her husband, cause she's turning all shades of red. If she were a tomato, I'd say she's past time to be picked. But she continues, "Oh, and of course, the tradition of the Purity Ring."