Chapter 18

Joven

Leaving Susan's house, I'm not sure if that helped at all. I scratch my head, because I'm more confused than ever. Maybe I should go to my parents' house? No, I'm 29 years old, that's practically ancient and I know I can figure this out. My male geared brain can surely figure this out. Like one of those Chinese puzzle boxes, that are just easier to step on or break against a tree. Neither of those solutions will help me though. Maybe I need a book from the library? Or maybe a biography that specializes in UpAbove women.

Instead, I start heading over to the Reflection Room. I've decided to take Heif and Susan's advice and use my gift of Vision. Not to stalk my wife (intentionally), but to try and understand what's going on with my life, my inner struggle to regain my peace.

Entering quietly, I see only a few people sitting on the wooden pews. Walking to the front, I sit on the floor beside the raised platform we use for those wishing for a marriage renewal or the occasional baby shower. Sitting cross legged on the hardwood floor, placing my hands on both my knees, I lower my head and begin channeling my inner vision. No incense needed or chants, just stillness and feeling one with my body and those I dwell with. I imagine the Mist in my inner mind and the movement of the river. Relaxing as I mentally float down the river to rest still at the Hot Springs Pond. All alone, no one around, I can feel my mind joining in the Mist. I'm weightless and floating. I see people wandering. Dewbies going about their business, my parents having lunch, my brain swirls from tunnel to tunnel and through the caverns. As the Mist, in my mind, moves past the dental office, I feel a darkening feeling. A still coldness, loneliness, and maybe even a hint of despair.

Not wanting to lose my Mist connection, I continue flowing through the stone paths, tunnels, and over bridges. Finally, I come to a familiar pair of feet, with the cutest sandals. I raise my head, as if she were standing in front of me, what is wrong wife? The Mist and I slowly swirl up her body, until we reach the top. I see you, the inner you that stays hidden from so many. I see her aura circling her, a strong yellow with some green. Looking closer I see a shade of grey, but why wife? What are you uncertain about? You are not alone, you have me, just turn around I'll be there by your side; always. Mentally, I give her a side hug. Then, the vision fades and I'm left with my questions unanswered.

Hours slowly go by and still no answers come to me, and I stay in my position till the natural light fades. My stomach starts growling, which motivates me to leave the Reflection Room and head home. Getting home takes a while, as more Dewbies stop to congratulate me on my wedding and speculate on the explosion of Mist on our wedding day. Every time it's mentioned it's like salt over an open wound. This should be the happiest week of both of our lives, but it's turning into the saddest. No longer able to hold my smile, I thankfully, enter our house.

Grabbing some supper from the leftovers Mom made for me and my wife. I eat only to fuel the body. Barely do I taste the seasonings or textures of the meals she prepared. A sudden noise startles me and I turn as Pann enters the living room. Awkwardly looking at each other and wanting her with every cell in my body to embrace her to me. She's freshly bathed and wearing her adorable pink pajamas again. There is the sleeping princess print on them, waiting for her Prince Charming. I'd fill the job opening and even wear the darn crown, if she would just give me a hint that she wants me to. Finally, my wife breaks the silence.

"I've already done my two hours, and Hannah has invited me to go with her to the Hot Springs Pond tomorrow. I wasn't sure the protocol, since I'm leaving this Friday, if I needed to continue. So, I erred on the side of caution and took in the Elixir Oils," she turns and heads to the couch carrying a blanket.

"Umm," she said NOT to call her wife, so... "You," I'll just call her by no name, "you don't have to sleep on the couch, I don't mind giving you the bed," I say gesturing to the bedroom with my arms.