Chapter 32

Joven

Stopped by dozens of Dewbies, and I try to assist them. I send Heif on and texting the list I had been writing earlier. Trying to calm everyone, I see the last of the Dewbies that want to leave, enter Central Control.

I return to the safe room, but find no solace, because the women are crying and the men are highly agitated.

"What is wrong?" I turn to Michael, "Did you get the special oil?"

"Yes," Michael says, just as Heif bursts back into the room.

"Okay, we have the Purification Oil, it will protect us and safely see us out. Where is Pann?" No answer, "Where is my WIFE!" I demand. Twisting my body left, then right, turning in circles.

"Son, she left." Dad shakes his head sadly. "We were settling the kids and she left, I'm so sorry." I see Dad's lips moving, but a steady beating in my eardrums drowns out everything. Why do I keep losing my wife? All I know and have ever known is shattered, my home, my oasis, seemingly lost, and I now my wife is gone.... gone.

"Joven. Joven. JOVEN!!" Heif is yelling at me, grabbing me and shaking me, saying my name over and over again. "I know where she is."

"WHERE? WHERE IS SHE?" I raise my voice higher.

"Karmony and Hattie have her and I saw them going to the exit, I raced here to get you," Heif says as he is heading to the doors.

"Dad get that oil on everyone and head to Central Control NOW!"

Heif and I run out of the Reflection Room and turn on a full sprint to the Central Control Room. Stan and Hank are preparing to secure the doors. I ask them to wait for the group from the Reflection Room before securing the doors. Assuring them I would be in contact.

We go up the elevator and out the south entrance, into the cold winter day. With the snow falling, no UpAbove townsfolks are seen. I begin scanning the area, and see a small group of Dewbies by the fountain. Making it easier to spot a Dewbie, is that none of them have prepared for the cold winter weather today. Running as fast as I can, I stop suddenly beside the fountain, just about ten feet in front of me is Karmony, Hattie, and my Pann. She seems drugged and shivering from lack of a coat.

"Oh Joven, if you just had listened to me, none of this would have happened." Karmony looks sick, with sunken cheeks, ash upon her face and clothes black and torn. "We were destined, Joven, why didn't' you listen to me? Look at your wife now, do you still want your precious Shamm?"

"Pann, Karmony, for once and for all her name is Pann! Why are you doing this? We've only ever been friends," and I take a step towards my wife, who is propped up between Karmony and Hattie.

"Don't you get it? We were written in the stars, two descendants joined together, it's ours Joven, the prophecy is about us," prophecy; what in the world is she babbling out?

"Karmony, let me have my wife and we will get you help." I take another step towards them, seeing Pann is fixing to faint again.

"HER??? LOOK at her? She's a nobody, she's a city dweller, she's not one of us, can't you see that Joven?" Karmony is screaming now, and shaking Pann by the arm that's barely holding her up.

A sudden noise snaps from behind them, as I see my parents and rest of the group moving up behind the girls. Karmony and Hattie turn their heads and I take my leap of faith. Rushing forward, and scooping her up before she hits the concrete path. I turn and quickly walk back to Heif, carrying my most precious cargo. Descendants? Prophecy? What has Karmony been smoking?

"Heif, do you have the items that I listed on the text message to you?" Walking over to him, Pann is still passed out, but safely in my arms.

"Yes, but where are you going Joven? We need to fix this; you can't just leave!" Heif yells, but I've already started walking away.

"I know we need to fix this, but not here. I need to get my wife to a safe place; I will fix this." I turn to Heif, with the others watching several feet away, "because our child must be born in the waters of the Mist."

To be continued....

*****************************************************************

AFTERWORD

Like the prologue in this book, dreams can shape our entire life. I was awoken on an early January morning and wrote down my dream. That dream consisted of mystical caverns, historical injustices and love; always comes the love. From the residents of Dewstone, I gained the courage to write their story. It started out as one book, but quickly turned into three books. The love between Joven and Pann will continue to increase into the next book as well as the introduction of new love interests and past wrongs made right.

Continue to read along with me ... the best is yet to come.

*****************************************************************

Author's note: Where will the citizens of Dewstone go? What's to become of Joven? Pann? Everyone else?  Does Karmony have to be so mean? Is all lost or just temporarily misplaced?

Thanks everyone for continuing on this journey with me!

Lifelight is working on the cover art for book 3, Youth Transformed, coming soon! Until then you can pop over to Amazon and buy a copy of both Youth's Mist and Youth's Dew either on paperback or digital download.

Excited for the ending?? Me too.... tell Lifelight to hurry with cover art! lol! :)