Chapter 17

"JAN IS MISSING!" what? I quickly opened the door to our room and didn't see her inside.

"We're surfing together but she falls out the surfboard, after that we couldn't find her" Kysler said from the other line, making me tightens my grip on my phone before, "FUCK!" I curse and in just a glimpse, I run as fast as I can towards the seashore.

What I was doing wasn't a normal run anymore, I was totally sprinting, just to reach the seashore.

"Ash" Kysler was standing there with his surfboard, he looked so worried, "Where is she?" I ask in a serious tone, my heart starting to beat so fast and I feel uneasy as leer at those big waves.

The sun is hiding as the darkness dominates the beach. I could not stop clenching my jaw as I imagined that Jan was under those big waves. "She fell out of her surfboard while I tried to teach her how" Kysler said, and without any word I dive into the water.

I tried searching for her even though the waves are really strong, my chest starting to feel heavy as I could not find any signs of her here.

"Ash, we already did some reach under the water but I believe she's not here anymore, come on, the waves are a bit dangerous, we can't fight the currents" Kysler grabbed my arms and pulled me back to the seashore.

"I fucking need to look for her, what the fuck! What comes into her mind to try surfing!!!" I haze as I keep chasing arms, the wind and the cold breeze here are making me lose air easily.

"I invited her" Kysler uttered, I stop and gritted my teeth, trying to control my anger, fuck surfing! "FUCK!"

"Sir! Nahanap na po namin siya!" we instantly turned our backs when a lifeguard guy approached us, "Where is she?"

He pointed somewhere a meter away from where we're standing, "Shit" I curse, taking big steps as I followed him and saw Jan, seated with a towel covering her body and her lips we're so pale.

"A-ash" he uttered my name, as I darkly stared at her.

Jan's POV

"Since high school I guess, wanna try?" he asked.

"YES!" masigla kong sagot bago kami tumuloy sa mga stall ng surfboard, they are for rent, at gaya ng inaasahan binayaran ni Kysler ang isang kulay pink na seurfboard para sa akin at sabay kaming tumuloy sa dagat.

Maganda ang alon, at parang sobrang saya mag surf kaya kahit hindi ako masyadong marunong lumangoy, susubukan ko pa rin.

"You'll enjoy this" sambit ni Kysler. He started discussing the basics of surfing and I just listened to him and tried my best to learn while we're still not in the water.

"Like this, spread your arms a bit, if you like to balance it more this would help. Just be stable in your mindset and balance" he said and gently held my hands as teaches me how to properly stand on the surfboard.

"Jan, keep in mind that paddling and Catching Waves is important. Do not paddle with both arms simultaneously, alternating between both arms at a steady pace, ok? Remember that, and catch the waves, proper timing, don't worry I'll tell you went to pop-up ok, I'll give signals, so are you ready?" he said, everything he said just feels so easy when you think of it, but when we started and already in the water.

Bigla akong kinabahan, pero pinilit ko pa rin ang sarili kong gawin ito. "Here it comes, ready, pop-up" umupo na kami ni Kysler sa surfboard habang hinihintay ang tamang oras para sa wave.