Chapter 29

Mika's POV

-Next day-

I woke up earlier than usual, did the usual morning routine, changed into a proper formal attire and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

I saw a note posted on the fridge:

"Off to work early, we cooked your favorite sunny side egg

-Mom & Dad"

I couldn't help but smile, "At least they didn't exactly change that much."

I took the egg and heated it in the microwave to warm it up, after I ate it on my own.

I miss my friends back in High School and Elementary... I wonder how's Iana. Maybe I should send her a post card, or maybe even a souvenir. I bet she will flip out when I give her a branded bag, she does love bags.

I washed my dish quietly and cleaned the mess I made. I went back upstairs to get my stuff, I turn on my phone a bit revealing a photo of Kyo and Me in the past.

Flashbacks hurriedly came into me yesterday. I took a deep breathe, and unlocked my phone. I immediately changed my phone's picture into a random picture of a cat.

When I packed my things, I went out and found myself a cab already waiting for me.

I rode inside, and went to the same place that I have to get used to.

The day went pretty smoothly. I was told what to do and what not to do inside the building, where each room and floor leads to, what I am suppose to do, and who I am suppose to talk to when I need help.

Of course, I have to be with Kyo, even though it feels awkward when I'm around him. The stuffs I have to do were pretty easy, just handle a few paper works, talk to other business employers and staff employers (more on getting to know them), learning about other business that can help us and also assignments that Kyo and I need to work on together.

***

And so the days, then weeks, then months flew by, doing the same (boring) thing. Though some of my feelings for Kyo are still there, I am able to chat with him without my heart being broken, it was like we were best friends (all over again).

Though there are other close shots, like when he asks where we should go in our free time, and I would say "Oh, let's go here since you like it", and he would ask how I knew. Thankfully, I am able to twist some turns, though I know that he feels suspicious.

Sometimes around work he would intentionally stare at me, like I can actually feel he's gaze around me. When It was my turn to look at him, he looks away.

I did send Iana a branded bag and a letter telling her the stuffs I've been through, also with Kyo, since I know I can trust her with my secrets, I wonder when will she recieve it. Sometimes I've been receiving a few texts from Dianne, like how she wanted to see me and what I've been doing. It feels nice to get to know her, she changed pretty much.

Sometimes I wonder what would happened if Kyo would remember.

***

*bzz* *bzz*

I am currently in my room, and it's been 3 1/2 months since I started working with Kyo. I checked down at my phone ans saw Iana texted me.

TEXT:

Iana: I just received the bag, OMG! Thank you!! I back flipped when I saw the bag. Seriously! Though I still can't believe what happened to Kyo, but seriously girl are you sure it's okay to not tell him about your past?

Mika: I'm glad you liked it, and Yes I am sure it's okay for not to tell him.

Iana: Well, if you say so. But you love him right, so why not tell him... you know it's not too late.

Mika: I'm pretty sure I'm at fault because of the accident. I am so annoying maybe I caused the accident.. maybe I'm the reason he's hurt. Maybe it's much better for him not to know, so that he would not be in danger again.

Iana: WHAT?! You know that's not true! This is not the Mika I know a few years ago! I am not even sure you're Mika! Maybe you're an evil doppleganger! Hey you! I'm gonna go to hell and get my friend outta there YOU HEAR ME!

Mika: *laugh emoticon* Iana, I'm serious. (Plus I'm not a doppleganger, those things don't exist) The Mika you knew few years ago grew up. It's okay. I'm over it.

Iana: Hmmmmmm..... Fine. There's no stopping you.

The whole night ended up in the bliss, with me and Iana chatting about what happened so far, until we fell asleep.

~*~*~*~*

Hey guys, sorry for those who kept reading this. (Though I still can't believe it)

Thank you so much, this book just reached 1.5K you guys are just THE best human beings in the world.

This book is coming to an end. (Since I'm planning to make it faster, yet exciting for you guys.)