Chapter 3

After Kelz and Tracy were eliminated, I made the decision to kiss Ed in front of everyone and I can tell it got the reaction I wanted from everyone. I will say that I feel like I am betraying Christian by doing this, but I have to stay focused on the plan in order to achieve my goal. Ed is a good kisser but he will not be the only person I go after in terms of hooking up. I have my eyes on a few guys and girls in the house and I am just getting started. Everyone is excited for Ed and Emy and no on is looking at me. When we enter the room, I end up sitting in my room by myself for a while.

I notice that everyone is avoiding eye contact with me and it gets to the point where I just decide to go to bed early since obviously I do not matter to anyone. When I wake up the next day and see that no one else is up yet, I head outside and grab my keyboard and song journal. One song pops out to me because it was a song so personal to me that not even Christian has heard it before. I wrote it when I was in London while dealing with my first heartbreak with Christian and realizing how much I actually loved him. Nicole is going to be so mad that I did not play this song for her.

I shut the doors behind me and set up shop right in the middle of the infinity pool and take in the amazing place I am in. Once I set everything up, I sit down and press play on the mini tripod I had Mel give me last night after I arrived back from the elimination. I remember the conversation with her last night and I felt like a little kid who was receiving a verbal ass-whooping for not listening to their mom in the store. I know that she just wants the best for me so I get why she is hard on me, but I also know that if anyone was to make me feel bad about myself or say something bad about me, she would be the first one to chew them out. I laugh just thinking about the conversation.

Flashback to the previous night:
Syn: Hey Mel, can I ask you something?

Mel: What? No hi Mel how are you? No thank you for the great gift?

Syn: Look Mel, I am sorry about that. I have a lot on my mind.

Mel: What could possibly be that to where you ignore your family and friends, go radio silent after filming, and have an attitude with me?

Syn: Christian broke up with me.

Mel: Syn, you're funny. Now tell me. What is the real problem?

I sit there and do not respond. I see Mel's face turn from amusement to pity and it is the one thing I hate the most in this world: pity. I guess the response to my story about my bio dad made me hate pity the most because it sticks in people's minds like glitter does to people's skin.

Mel: I am so sorry Syn. What happened?

Syn: We just were in two different stages of our lives and no matter how hard we tried, it just didn't work.

Mel: I don't know what to say.

Syn: You don't have to. Can I ask you the favor I came in here to ask?

Mel: You name it. We will do it for you.

Syn: Can I borrow some filming and music equipment? I wanted to write outside since I found writing outside is the best thing for me?

Mel: No problem at all. Just come into the confessional room tomorrow and grab it. You can keep it in the music room the entire season.

Syn: Thank you so much! This means the world to me.

Mel: Anytime. Now go back to bed while I beat some sense into your ex.

Syn: Thanks mom!

Mel: I am only 4 years older than you.

Syn: Yeah but you know you have always acted like a mom towards me.