Chapter 19.5

For the past three months, I have been sitting on the biggest secret and I am surprised no one has found out. In this time, I found out that I was nominated for 5 Grammys, with three of them being songs I was given co-writing or producing credits for, one I performed with Jackman and Montero for Industry Baby, and the other being Producer of the Year Non Classical. The reaction to that was funny because I was on the set of a Marvel project I have not announced my involvement in and I was in shock to say the least.

Nomination Day:
I am finishing filming a fight scene with Benedict and Liz when I see everyone gathering around a computer in the background. Sam hears the commotion behind him and asks his PA to figure out what is going on. Once she gets back to him with an answer, Sam stops the shoot and signals for Ben, Liz, and I to walk over to him.

Benedict: Is everything okay Sam?

Elizabeth: Yeah Sam. What is going on?

Sam: The reason for the commotion is because the Grammy nominations are being revealed right now and we received word to watch it.

Syn: Oh fun. I wonder if I will know of anyone who will be nominated.

Christian: Hey babe.

Syn: Yeah?

Christian: Your phone is ringing.

I look down at my phone and see that Nikki is calling me. I am confused as to why she is calling me this early.

Syn: Hello?

Nikki: SYN! Turn on the Grammy nominations!

Syn: Someone on set has them on. Why?

Nikki: Just watch.

The show starts and they go through a couple of categories before they get to Best Melodic Rap Performance.

Announcer: And the nominees are Price is the Devil by J Cole ft. Lil Baby, Need to Know by Doja Cat, Industry Baby by Lil Nas X ft. Jack Harlow and Syn, WusYaName by Tyler, The Creator ft. YoungBoy Never Broke Again and Ty Dolla $ign, and Hurricane by Kanye West ft The Weekend and Lil Baby.

I just sit in silence as I start to process that I actually got nominated for a Grammy. A fucking Grammy!

Liz: Oh Syn! Congrats babe!

Benedict: Seriously man! That is a huge honor.

Syn: I... I don't know what to say.

Christian: I'm so proud of you babe!

Sam: How does it feel?

Syn: Not real... Hold on. I'm getting a group call.

I look at my phone and see that Montero and Jackman are on the phone call.

Syn: Hey guys.

Montero: We are Grammy nominees baby!

Jackman: Let's fucking go, man! And to think you almost missed that performance Syn.

Montero: To be fair, we did ask him last minute.

Syn: Last minute? I barely made it on the plane and to the performance. Thank God you guys were running late.

Montero: But in all seriousness, this is incredible guys. I am so proud of all of us.

Jackman: Me too man. Syn, we'll let you go so you can go back to filming, but we just wanted to congratulate you.

Syn: Thank you guys! I truly mean it. See you guys soon.

I hang up the phone and continue to watch the show when a category I am dying to see pops up with Finneas announcing the nominees.