Chapter 17

After Big T's elimination, Emy and I are on a high because we sent out a big social threat and our team remains strong. I know this next guy's elimination could be our last so I am going to try like hell to win the daily mission to make sure I make it to that final. I am so close that I can taste it and I feel like I have a great shot at winning this thing. Everyone goes to bed and I wake up early the next morning, eager to talk to Emanuel and Emy together. Before I get a chance to do that, Justin calls me into the confessional room to ask me a few questions about the game and where I stand.

Justin: Hey Syn. How's it going?

Syn: Great. No one but three rookies wants me here. I miss my man like crazy. I also have this twist sitting in my bag that I have no idea what it does and the unknown details of it are starting to drive me nuts.

Justin: Well, what if I told you that you could solve one of those problems right now?

Syn: SHUT UP!?!? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!

Justin: Yeah. Go into the video call room and...

Syn: Say no more! Thank you!

Justin: No problem. You deserve it.

I hug him and run like a bat out of hell and into the room. I don't mind being away from Christian on here, but when I am at my lowest points, Christian always knows how to remind me that everything will be okay. I sit by the computer and hit call and see Christian's beautiful face pop up on the screen and I start to cry right away.

Christian: Babe, are you okay?

Syn: I just miss you Bubba!

Christian: I miss you too, ma chérie!

Syn: I see your French has gotten better.

Christian: A little. It's still nowhere near your level. How come people just found out about it when you did press for Spiderman?

Syn: Not something I thought I needed to share. Anyways, how is recovery going? 

Christian: Great. Hey, remember that thing we have been wanting?

Syn: A kid? Yeah, what about that?

Christian: Well, I got a call from Luke and he said he found someone who would be willing to have our baby.

Syn: Who?

Christian: His girl.

Syn: Shannon? Really?

Shannon: Yes Syn. Hi B!

Syn: Hi S! Are you absolutely sure about this?

Shannon: Actually, I have good news for the both of you.

Luke: Can I tell them?

Syn: LUKEY!!!!

Luke: Hi Syn! I miss you bud!

Syn: I miss you too!

Shannon: Why don't you tell them?

Luke: Well, we talked with the Agency after Christian brought up the idea and started the process of getting Shan preggers.

Shannon: And it worked. I am officially three months pregnant.

Christian: Holy shit! I am going to be a dad. Babe, we're going to be parents!

Syn: I... I need a minute.

I sit in the chair in disbelief because I never thought I would have the honor of being a parent. I instantly get filled with worry that I am going to turn out the same way as my father did and I do not want that to happen.