Chapter 14

We arrive back from Cory's elimination and I am excited at the possibility of getting our first team daily win. I know Emerald is shitting their pants right now because we are now their official biggest threat. Nelson asks Logan right away why he switched to Sapphire and Logan tells him straight up it was because Cory, his own teammate, chose him. I believe Logan because I could tell by how hard he was pulling that he was hurt by Cory's actions. Plus, Logan is smart enough to know that his best chance of survival in this game is on Sapphire cell with Ashley, Emy, and myself.

The next morning, I see Nelly walking by himself and I feel bad because I know he is hurting losing his fling in Berna and his friend in Cory. He feels like he has nobody but himself left and this is the prime time to bring Nelly in as a friend, ally, and number. I see Logan and Big T talking and decide to join them, but I leave after Big T says that she is more okay with upsetting Logan and I than upsetting Devin and I realize now that she has to go. She no longer is a number for my side and Devin is working to weaken me. I walk away from the conversation with a fire under my ass to win whatever mission is coming up so I can throw her in.

I decide to just chill by the pool and I see Amanda walk over to Josh and ask who she should switch with since Amanda feels like she is going to go into elimination and win. I am happy that she does not want to come to Sapphire, but I find it more exciting that she put Josh in this position because it will show us who he finds the weak link amongst the girls. He slips up and say he wants to run a final with Nany and Kaycee, meaning Tori is his weakest link. Amanda promises not to say anything, but I looked like I was sleeping so no one asks me to promise to keep the secret so I am using this as ammunition.

Look, I love Josh like a brother, but Emerald is way too close of a team to not want to break up and this is the first crack in the armor. I want to be the one to break the armor down and it starts by going after Tori. We get called to the daily mission and when we walk up and see an airplane, I am stoked for what this mission is going to be. On top of that, TJ drives in on a motorcycle and I am pumped. TJ tells us that today's mission is brought to us by the upcoming movie, Top Gun Maverick, and three co-stars will be explaining the rules to us. When they begin talking, I realize that the people explaining it are Danny Ramirez, Monica Barbaro, and Glen Powell.

The mission's rules are as follows: Inspired by scenes from the upcoming film. Teams begin in an aircraft suspended above water. As the aircraft drops into the water and begins to submerge, teams must collect 25 symbolized tiles attached to the aircraft. They must then dive under the wing of the aircraft to view an answer key, swim to shore and replicate the key by placing the tiles on an answer board. There is a 45-minute time limit before teams time-out. The team with the fastest time wins. After hearing the rules, I feel like my team has a great chance at winning this mission today and finally dethroning Emerald.

I know our biggest weak point today is Emy's fear of water and I already have a game plan to combat this. Emerald team goes out first and I am going to carefully observe how they complete this mission so our team can do it better than they do. The mission starts and the second the front of the plane hits the water and the plane begins to gain water, I realize that I have to do my best to comfort Emy when it is our turn. Once they are fully submerged, they start going for pieces and Nany is in charge of bringing them onto shore. After getting what seems like all the pieces, Josh says they are missing one.

They finally find the piece, but Emerald is struggling because they are not reading the puzzle right, giving everyone else a chance to win. After they realize that they were reading it wrong, they solve the puzzle, but not feeling great about their chances. Ruby cell is up next and right away, they tell Amanda to go to shore with the puzzle and they bring back the pieces faster than Emerald. However, when it comes time to solve the puzzle, shit hits the fan because they realize Big T left two pieces in her seat on the plane.