Chapter 16

After Josh's elimination, I look around the Lair and realize that my two biggest threats to win are two of my best friends in this game: Logan and Emanuel. Sure, Devin is good at puzzles, Nelly has the most heart, and Kyle is, well, Kyle, but when looking at all around competitors, they are the two best, behind me, of course. I am surprised that besides the one elimination I threw myself into, I have not been voted into the Lair. I think that is a testament to how strong my connections are in this game because realistically, the three-time returning champion should have been the first person they targeted. 

I also look at who deserves to win, based on gameplay alone, and find myself realizing that the only woman that deserves it is Emy. Emy has been in more eliminations than anyone else in this house, has consistently done well in the daily missions, and has played a good strategic game by aligning herself with Devin and I, two vets with a lot of connections. She is extremely likeable and I would be proud to have her represent this season. Big T and Amanda have not done anything this whole game, Tori was doing well until her blowup last week, and Nany and Kaycee have been so focused on each other that they forgot about the game.

Kaycee is still the one person I do not want to win and I will admit that it is strictly personal for me. After hearing her talk negatively about my relationship with Christian and use it to get people to target me, I lost any respect for her that I had left. However, I feel like she has the best possibility to win the final and that makes me genuinely upset. If there is something I can do to stop her from winning, I will do it a million times over and not feel bad about it. I know that sounds incredibly cruel and petty, but family comes before anything and if you disrespect my family, then I feel justified at getting justice.

We get back to the villa and the mood is solemn because everybody loved the energy Josh brought to the house. I am sad that we lost Logan for Kyle because Kyle is not as good of a competitor as Logan is and Emy and I work better with Logan. Josh is solely gone because of what happened between Tori, Amanda, and Devin and it sucks. Everyone goes to bed early because we are told that we are going for a boat day and while that sounds fun, I don't want to go. I decide before bed to ask Mel and the other producers if I can work instead of go on the boat.

Mel: Hey Syn. You excited for tomorrow?

Syn: That's actually what I want to talk to you about.

Mel: Ok...

Syn: I don't want to go.

Mel: Why not?

Syn: I gave up a lot to be here, more than anyone else here, and I am not going to jeopardize it for a boat day. I still need to finish my album and help finalize stuff for Olivia, Billie, Montero, and Jackman.

Mel: Ok. I get it, but I don't know what I can do.

Syn: It's either you guys let me do this or I quit.

Mel: Syn, you cannot be serious!?!

Syn: You know what my contract for coming back on here stated. As much as I hate doing this, you leave me no choice.

Mel: This show gave you those opportunities.

Syn: And I am grateful for that, but I also know that the viewership for the show has spiked tremendously since I have been on here. If I left and told everyone why, the show would lose it viewership.

Mel: You sound like you are threatening us.

Syn: No. It's quite simple actually. I know my rights and I know my worth and if I feel like your end of the contract is not met, then I will void the contract tomorrow and leave. Once I leave, I legally can tell my side of the story without repercussions.