Chapter 10

When everyone comes back into headquarters after the interesting elimination and twist announcement, the mood in the room is uncomfortable. For starters, Nelly grabs me and brings me to Cory's room where he is fuming about being betrayed by nearly everyone. I feel bad for him because he is such a loyal guy who gets screwed over a lot and here I am, one of the main people in him being thrown in. Cory deserves better treatment by his so-called friends and I hope he realizes that his kind heart and blind faith in people is going to be his downfall. It was almost mine on Big Brother Canada and I will never be a victim of that again.

I try to calm Cory down so he does not ruin this amazing opportunity to provide for his family and give him the biggest bear hug I can. Cory returns the hug and grabs Nelly to join in on the hug. I leave the room to let them figure out their next moves and I lay in my bed when Tori decides to come over to me and talk game. One thing I know about how Tori plays the game is that unless she is in danger, she does not care about what happens in the game. I learned that the last time I played with her and I am on edge talking to her the entire time so far this season.

Tori: Amber B is out of the game.

Syn: I am shocked.

Tori: Are you?

Syn: No. Amber is good at... running and not much else.

Tori: Wow! I mean dude, that was her fourth elimination and the first one she has ever lost. 

Syn: I know.

Tori: Also...

Syn: Yes.

Tori: Do you think it is an individual game now? I don't have a partner!

Syn: I know. Not yet. 

Tori: Devin does not have a partner. If they were going to pick new partners, Cory and Bettina would have gotten the opportunity to pick.

Syn: Why wouldn't he tell us it is individual now? We'd all be freaking out right now.

Tori: We are going to be finding out at the next challenge.

Syn: Yes, we are going to be finding out at the next challenge that we are going to be picking new teammates for the second half of the game. Tori?

Tori: Yes?

Syn: Are we good?

Tori: Of course, Bre! Why wouldn't we be?

Syn: I just feel like an outsider in this game. Out of all the vets, everyone has a number one but me and it sucks.

Tori: Syn, listen to me: you are my number one in this game. Our bond goes far beyond this game and I will always have your back, no matter what happens.

Syn: Promise Tor?

Tori: Of course. God, you're gonna make me cry Bre!

Syn: Why?

Tori: This is the first time we have called each other Tor and Bre in over a year. I miss this.

Syn: Me too.

Tori: I'm serious though, Syn. I have your back and I know you have mine. If I win, you will not be going in.

Syn: Same here.

I hug Tori and she asks if we can sleep together tonight like we used to do before she met Jordan. Tori and I have had our ups and downs over the years, but our love for each other is stronger than anything people can understand. We have helped each other through some dark shit over the years and it is comforting knowing she still has my back. When we wake up the next morning, I decide that it is time that I show Tori the music room because I have the perfect song for us to sing. Once she finally agrees to join me, I open the door and I look over to see her just standing in the doorway with her mouth wide open.