Chapter Five

WARNING: Mention of abuse and mention of a suicidal thought
-------------------------------------------------------------
Josh's POV

"Why is he not answering??" I said, frantically. "Jelle hasn't answered any of my calls today."

I know he might be busy and has his own life, but he promised to have a call with me everyday so I know he's safe. But right now I'm assuming he's not safe since he hasn't called me back or answered my calls.

Jelle says I care too much about him, but I dont't know what I would do without him. If I found out that he was dead, I think my life would end right then and there.

"Maybe Ben knows where he is," I said to myself.

I scrolled down my contacts until I reached Ben's. I pressed it, and held my breath. hoping he would answer.

"Hello?"

I sighed in relief that someone has answered me today.

"Hey Ben." I said, "Have you talked to Jelle today? I've been trying to call him, but he hasn't answered and I'm starting to get worried."

"Yeah, I've talked to him today. He's actually at my house. Do you want me to give my phone to him so you two can talk?" Ben asked.

My heart skipped a beat. Flashbacks of what happened when I saw him in my guest room crying were coming back to me. I hope that Sanna doesn't know that Jelle is at Ben's. I don't even know if Ben knows about what Sanna has done.

"Um, Ben? Why is Jelle at your house?" I asked. I don't think jealous is the right word to describe how I feel right now. Maybe, concern? I kind of wish that Jelle came to me to get away from Sanna, because he told me first and I've been checking on him ever since that "One Night".

"Uh, it's kind of a long story," Ben said, his tone changing from happy to nervous.

"Are you two alright?" I asked. Thoughts of worst case scenario flooded my head.

"Well, Thea, kind of, um... did something to me when I was on call with Jelle..." Ben stuttered.

"What was that "something"? But you don't have to tell me if you don't want to," I responded.

"Um, she was beating me. She did it all the time, but she didn't realize that Jelle was on with me or else she probably wouldn't have done it then," Ben said. "She left earlier yesterday and Jelle wanted to come and comfort me because of what happened, and since he's had some experience with abuse."

My heart stopped. One of my other best friends has been abused.

"Oh my god. I am so, so, so, so, sorry for what you had to go through," I said, as my eyes started to tear up.

"It's ok. Thea's gone now. I didn't love her. She forced me to get together with her. And I have someone else on my mind anyway," Ben replied.

"Who's that?" I asked, trying to get off of depressing topics.

"What do you mean 'who's that'?" Ben asked.

"You said you have someone else on your mind?" I said with suspision.

"Oh, yeah. I do," Ben replied.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Uh, can you promise not to tell him?" Ben asked.

I didn't know Ben wasn't straight.

"I promise. Now tell me," I said, anticipating who Ben is crushing on.

"Well, it's Jelle," Ben whispered.

Yes! I always thought that Ben and Jelle would make a cute couple.

"Dude, that's great! Have you told him yet?" I asked.

"What? No, I can't tell him. He's our best friend. And he won't like me back anyway," Ben replied.

"I mean, you never know," I said.

"Your right. Oh, it's getting late. Do you still need to talk to Jelle?" Ben asked.

"No its ok. You two have a good night. Just don't get horny around him, ok?" I giggled at the last part.

"Oh my god Josh! Shut up!" Ben exclaimed.

"Bye dude," I said.

"Bye."

I pressed the red decline button and set down my phone. I really hope that Ben and Jelle get together. They are basically soulmates.
----------------------20 minute time skip----------------

I heard my phone ringing. I got up from the couch in my living room and grabbed my phone before it went to voicemail. I pressed the green answer button.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Josh," The caller said.

"Oh, Jordi, wassup?" I asked.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I'm actually proud of this chapter. And I hope you guys like that I added Jordi to the fanfic. Idk if he's going to play a big part in it yet, but I wanted to add him.

Also I have a question for you people:
Do you think that Crainer needs a hair cut?

Ok Baiiiii :)