20 Nightmare or a Dream?

POV Jack

It was time to put the plan into action. Thor is standing at my side while everyone else scattered into their jobs. My job was to challenge Loki with Thor. And the rest? They would protect the kids and Toothiana from the Nightmare’s and Pitch while they try to bring the good memories to the children. Good memories can brighten up their blackened dreams, give them hope and perhaps be a way to wake up or at least hold on while we fight with Loki.

“Ready when you are,” Thor laughed as we stood on the roof of the building that was on the edge of the city. I kept on listening, how the desperate parents were praying that their children would wake up from their horrid dreams. It made me feel sick on the inside. I could feel the desperation of the children.

“Jack?” Thor questioned and woke me up from my thoughts. I clench the staff between my fingers as I turn to look at him. I nod him lightly, feeling myself being angered by the way Pitch and Loki harmed the children.

“Yeah, I’m totally ready,” I said. We started making our way to the center of it all. We kept on blasting the nightmarish creatures, Thor with his hammer as I used my powers of winter. We need to end this for once in all.

I barged towards one nightmare horse that was hiding behind a wooden shed. My ice blasted towards it, making it freeze and explode into air, raining down as snowflakes. I watched around me, trying to see where Pitch or Loki is hiding. Thor was fighting on a nearby roof.

“Ice cube!” I heard Bunnymund’s yell and as I turn around to look at the way where he was I saw his boomerang. It flew across the air, flipping in the air and then it hit on a spear. A spear made of nightmare sand that Pitch had just seconds before tossed towards me. Meaning to hit it on me, poison me.

Now I watch at him, eye to eye. He has this creepy mischievous smile crawling to his face.

“Oh the Guardians came for the rescue again!” Pitch mocked at us and I see how Loki walks next to him. He had been hiding behind the tree.

POV Pitch

Those idiots, thinking that they can overpower us. The Frost boy is getting angry and I bet that he would like to freeze us right now. His shouts and yells mean nothing to me like his orders to free the children from their nightmares are pointless.

Now then, time to second phase on my work.

“You sure are a boy, nothing more. So immature and not knowing what’s going to happen.. as innocent as a child,” I spoke with each word making me more and more anticipating for what was yet to come.

“Now?” Loki asked.

“Now,” I laughed and then I watch how Loki makes his illusion characters circle around Jack. Jack who is so confused, turning and twisting around and trying to figure out. Which is the real Loki?

However the real thing was happening right there, in the comfortable bedrooms of the children. When the nightmares altered into something else.

Just the mere thought of how the already horrible nightmare creatures were changing their looks, it made me laugh on the inside. How their perfect image of the Guardians would be ruined with their evil nightmare forms. It’s really nice to think how the little poor children are chased by Easter Bunny who has rabies or kidnapper Santa Claus. Really perfect.

The crying got louder and then Frost started to think.

“What did you do! “ Jack roared. Thor and he were standing back against back.

“Just little something.. how are your powers.. boy?” I grinned as confusion was filling his face. He had no idea, no idea at all. Loki made his replicas disappear as he walked back next to me.