13 Covered in Ice

POV Lili

“So who are they?” I asked from Ethan and Aleah. Ethan was washing his head on the bathroom and I leaned on the doorway.

“Our ancestors!” Aleah cheered and I rolled my eyes. “You can’t possibly think like that!” I sighed.

“She’s speaking the truth. I’ve told you about the legend of our legacy? About the Queen who fell in love with a man who died due to heart problems? Well the thing is that she is that queen and he is that man but the catch is that the man was a Guardian who had powers,” Ethan tells me and is drying his hair.

I glare at him, “And my parents think that I’ll go marrying a crazy person.”

Marrying Ethan was something that my parents were speaking right after when I started walking. They had decided it on the day when I was born. As nobles my parents were always attending to parties at different kingdoms and they were easy to get along with anyone. Actually my dad was good friend’s with Ethan’s father when they were young. They studied in same boy school.

“I’m not crazy. Where do you think that the snow appeared!” Ethan shouted.

“Some crazy weather then?” I muttered. Ethan frowned and walked forward.

“She has Jack Frost’s power over wind,” Ethan yells and points at Aleah.

“Can she make the cows fly?” I laughed.

“Lili, that’s not nicely said,” Aleah mumbled.

“She could. And I can freeze things,” Ethan said coldly and pressed his hand against the bathroom mirror which started to freeze. I gasped and backed away.

“You did that snow!” I pointed at him and he shakes his head.

“No. It was Jack Frost,” Ethan sounded annoyed.

“You’re saying that your ancestor is some fairy tale character?” I said and rubbed my temples.

“He is not a fairy tale character. There really is Jack Frost,” I heard the woman telling. She had come out from the guestroom.

“How is he?” Ethan asked from her.

“He is freezing. Not good,” the woman sounded really sad and I felt bad for her.

“As sad I’m for everyone of you, well, stop believing in fairy tales. There’s a reasonable explanation to all of this,” I said to everyone. “She can’t be your ancestor. She’s standing here after decades, she can’t be --.”

“My name is Queen Elsa of Arendelle, later known as wife of Jack Frost and now I’m the Protector of the Guardians,” her voice sounded proud.

Aleah groaned, “Let’s just show Lili what we’re talking about.”

Then I see how Ethan somehow made it snow inside my house. “Stop with those tricks,” I ordered him but then the lady who claims to be Elsa stomped her feet on the floor. I almost lost my balance when I was standing on top of crystal clear ice.

I gasped for air when a strong wind started to push me backwards on the ice. It was the moment when I lost my balance and I fell backwards. However unlike I expected, I didn’t fall to frozen floor but I felt myself hitting on something warm. I look over my shoulder and I see Ethan, the person who is always dancing girls around in parties. Well, not me because I tell him to walk away.

“T-thanks,” I said to Ethan as I shrug his hands off. The thing is that I ended up falling in his arms again. He was laughing well I hang on his neck for dear life, because I’m staring at Aleah who is floating. She is floating in air!