12 Cold Hearted

POV Aleah

“Here you go,” Ethan said as he sits next to me. He brought me hot chocolate from North’s kitchen. “They all seem nice,” I smiled and tasted the sweetness of the hot chocolate.

“Yeah,” Ethan whispered. “I still have hard time to think that she is our ancestor,” Ethan said quietly.

“Well, mum showed me a painting and she looks like the real Elsa of Arendelle. The Jack Frost thing is still a hard one though. A mythological thing using the power of both wind and ice?” I sighed and Ethan hummed.

“I can use the powers of winter,” Ethan sighs and I glance at him. I notice how his mug is frosting.

“I was looking for you,” Elsa smiles as she joins to the table to sit with us. “Toothiana told me that I once had twins that were like you. My little girl, Evangeline had the power of wind and my son,  Matthew, who controlled ice and snow. “ Elsa’s voice fainted into whisper and she looked sad.

“You can’t remember them? Do you?” I questioned and she shook her head. “I heard that Evangeline was awesome queen,” I grinned and I saw Elsa’s expression becoming happier.

“That’s wonderful,” Elsa sighed and I noticed how Ethan was trying to avoid the conversation and drinking his hot chocolate.

“Tell her about Matthew?” I pushed Ethan’s shoulder and he groaned. “C’mon! You must have learned something in your history lessons. You know that it’s a part of prince training,” I grinned and he turned red.

“Well, Matthew spent a lot time with his citizens. They say that he threw the greatest winter ball’s in all the kingdom’s nearby,” Ethan said quietly and then he placed his mug down.

“So he was real after all?” Ethan sighed and looks at Elsa. “Who?” I muttered.

“Jack Frost. I mean I saw him as a kid, he was always there when the first snow came and we would play snow fights. Then I got older and I thought that I just imagined it all and then I didn’t see him anymore,” Ethan sounded sad and he stood up, he messed up his hair and breathed nervously.

“I stopped believing in him and that’s why he stopped coming? Am I right?” Ethan looks at Elsa who nodded her head.

“But what’s making him like that?” Ethan cried aloud and I see how the Guardians are coming to us.

“The children lost their faith. His heart is consumed by darkness and fears,” North sighed and placed his hand on Ethan’s shoulder.

I crossed my arms, “His heart? Tell me more?”

“A dark crust has hardened his heart that once was fun loving. His core is gone,” Elsa said with her voice cracking. “I failed as the Protector. I failed as his wife,” she whispered and I felt a cold aura radiating from her.

“That’s it!” I cheered.

“Okay, the ankle biter has lost it,” Bunny sighed and tapped his foot to ground.

“What did you thing of Aleah?” Ethan asks and looks at me.

“Well, at first we dress you up like him. Dye your hair which Bunny can probably help us since he is in the egg painting business. Your head is like an egg anyway,” I grinned and Ethan’s eyes widened.

Ethan was about to say something smart so I raised my voice, “Are you up for the job rabbit?” I smile to Bunnymund who groaned. “Bunny, not a kangaroo or rabbit. Bunny! ” Bunnymund muttered and I smirked to him. He just rolled his eyes, crossed his arms and nodded his approval.