15 Lightning Strike

POV Elsa

Lili, Ethan’s fiancé, let us stay at her place. This is where everyone could be safe. The Guardian’s haven’t find Pitch’s lair, so he could be defeated.

Aleah knocked on my bedrooms door and I asked her to come in. She smiled as she came to sit on my bed, I put down the book that I was reading. Something was troubling her mind.

“What’s the matter?” I smiled as I went to sit on the bed next to her. She smiled faintly and I saw her playing with her fingers.

“I’ve been wondering,” Aleah sighed.

“Yes?” I smiled to her.

“How do you become as a Guardian?” She whispered. I look at her into her eyes that are sad looking.

“Why are you asking?” I chuckled and placed my hand on hers.

She bit her lower lip, brushing her fingers through her hair. “Uh.. I just would want to be one, being a princess is something that I don’t like that much,” she muttered.

“Well. They die,” I said quietly.

“Die? Jack is dead?” Aleah gulped.

I nodded my head and sighed. “He died while saving me when I was a child. The Spirit of Winter entered into him, the same one that tried to take over my body just before my birth. It left a part of its powers into me. It’s needed that the deed is honorable and a Spirit enters your body,” I smiled and then I look into my hands.

“What Spirit do you have?” Aleah whispered all of a sudden. I look at her, not sure what to respond.

“I still have a part of the Spirit of Winter in me. I’m not a Guardian, I’m the Protector of the Guardians of Childhood,” I laughed a bit.

“Oh. Did you die too to become one?” Aleah said quietly.

“I guess that I did,” I smiled nervously.

“Sorry that I bothered you but thank you,” Aleah smiled and left.

I sighed and let myself fell to sit on the bed. Still I don’t remember everything about my old life which worries me.

Then I heard a knock at the window and when I went to open it up I saw Jack hanging upside down, floating in the air. He wanted to stay at the roof, above my bedroom. He said that it’s sort of nostalgic since he has been sleeping at my rooftop before too.

“Come in,” I smiled and Jack nodded his head while flying in.

“I heard you two,” Jack rubbed his neck nervously and I bit my lower lip.

I nodded my head, “So you know what we discussed about. Now, how did I die?” I whispered and a sudden sadness filled his eyes.

“We were so happy Els, for years. Then you got insecure about yourself while you were growing old. Eventually you even denied my right to kiss you, I had to watch my wife slowly being taken away from me. It broke my heart and I pleaded from the Man in the Moon that he would make you a Guardia. He didn’t listen and now I know why,” Jack smiled faintly and touched my cheek.

“I died of old age?” I whispered.

Jack nodded his head slowly and I saw him trying to hold his tears. “Were you there when I--?” I whispered.

“Yeah, I was there when you left me,” Jack said and quickly pulled me into an embrace. He held me tightly as he buried his face into my hair. I felt him shivering, he was crying.

I closed my eyes when I ran my fingers through his hair. Then I noticed myself humming a tone and then I started to sing.