The first move

Todoroki fidgeted with his bag, watching his classmates as they got ready for lunch. He watched the bright green eyes focus on Uraraka's face as she told a story about something from the weekend.

The green haired teen laughed as the duo prepared to head out for lunch. He had been planning this since his talk with Bakugo. He was making the first move - wanting to show Midoriya that he wanted to try. Even if he knew his father would be enraged...or if Midoriya decided that he didn't want to wait.

As the last of his classmates left, Todoroki moved toward the other teens desk. He carefully slide the small box onto the desk, Midoriya's name written carefully across the tag. With that he hurried from the room, soon meeting up with the others.

"Yo, Todoroki, Momo got you soba," Kirishima said as he strolled past. "I think she likes you."

Todoroki glanced at the dark haired girl currently chatting with Jirou. He had a feeling she was being a good friend and nothing more. Not to mention the smile she had around Jirou.

"Thank you, Kirishima," he said with a slight bow before moving to the table and quietly thanking Yaoyorozu as he sat. He spotted the green tufts again, surrounded by the others and talking with enthusiasm about their plans next weekend. He was still trying to sort how he felt about Midoriya.

Sure, they were friends...but Todoroki had grown up thinking he didn't have a soulmate. Now he had one - someone who saw him as his own person, not just Endeavor's son. Someone who had known about him since childhood.

"Earth to Icyhot." Bakugo's growl pulled him out of his thoughts. He noticed the room had started to clear.

"Oh," the duel haired boy breathed.

Bakugo snorted. "The nerd was looking for you when we left. Don't get left behind again."

"Thank you, Katsuki," he said softly, surprising the other boy. "I have a lot on my mind."

Bakugo stared at him. "Make up your mind quick, ya idiot," the explosive teen snapped. "He ain't gonna wait forever if he thinks there's no hope."

Todoroki watched the blond turn on his heel and stomp away. He clenched his hands. He wouldn't lose his friend.

He rose, cleaning up after himself and headed back to the room to see a small commotion in the area of Midoriya.

"It's so cute!"

"Who left it?"

"Midoriya, is it your birthday, ribbit?"

Izuku sat in the middle, hands holding the All Might plushie, a soft smile on his face.

"No, Tsu," the boy laughed. "Just a good friend sending me a smile."

The class seemed to accept that as they headed back to their seats.

Green eyes met heterochromatic from across the room and a smile was shared. The little plush was set carefully on the desk and it's new owner went back to work.

Todoroki felt...happy. He had made Midoriya smile with something so simple.