As Time Passes

Author notes: a few highlights of the rest of the year as they start again.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Todoroki began eating dinner over at Midoriya's several times a week. Inko became like a mother to him - even inviting him for the holidays.

Aizawa and Mic acted as if they had shared parenting with Inko and his siblings - which made weekends hectic.

A few weeks into the new arrangement, the two teens decided to try their hands at baking a cake in the dorms. It ended badly with Sato taking over and Bakugo screeching at them for an hour over the mess they made.

Todoroki had simply glanced at the flour and batter speckled green eyed boy and smiled. It had at least been fun.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Movie sessions became the norm for not only them but the class as a whole. Midoriya showed everyone the moving Dinging in the rain, and it was only fifteen minutes in before everyone was trying to sing along.

Todoroki understood the appeal of the movie by the end and got the meaning behind that fateful event.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Study sessions before exams became "squad" sessions, and it almost felt normal to Todoroki. Even Uraraka wasn't as icy anymore.

Midoriya took time to gently help him with confusing sections while their group stole his nickname of "Zuku."

Life felt...unreal to Todoroki. His therapist worked with him on understanding his feelings each session, and the boy was slowly relaxing.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

Todoroki's first real smile in front of the class was at a Christmas party eight before winter break.

Mina squealed in delight as the duel eyed boy smiled at a joke Kaminari made.

By the end of the night, his face hurt from smiling so much as it became the "Bakusquads" goal to make him smile and laugh as much as they could.

Mina even went as far as getting Kaminari to short circuit and try to sing carols.

There was also another first - the first kiss initiated by Midoriya since everything happened. As the party got into full swing, Mineta - the perv he was - was running around with mistletoe to try and get kisses from the girls.

Todoroki had stepped between him and Yaoyorozu. He worried it started to backfire when Mineta shrugged it off and just said,'A kiss is a kiss.'

Green filled his vision, body blocking the purple creep. Midoriya kissed him gently, briefly, but enough to block Mineta. One scared hand found his and held tight as the kiss broke apart.

While Todoroki stood in shock, eyes locked on their joined hands and fingers brushing his lips, Midoriya turned around with a smug look and crushed the mistletoe. Bakugo snarled at Mineta, grabbing the other teen to chuck him out of the room while the girls cheered and hollered for the pair to kiss again.

"Knock it off!" Midoriya laughed. "I wasn't about to let that purple creeper ruin a really sweet tradition."

Todoroki was left in a slightly dazed stupor the rest of the night, following along behind Midoirya, refusing to let go of his hand.

♡♡♡♡♡♡

The actual break was nice. Aizawa was often napping or working, but the family found time to spend together.

Eri happily taught Todoroki all about tea parties and Santa Claus, which amused Shinsou to no end.

"Seriously,dude?" Shinsou had cackled.