Second Chance at a First Date

Izuku had read and re-read his friend's text a hundred times and still didn't get it.  What was Uraraka going on about?  As his green eyes scanned the text again, a knock echoed on his dormitory door.

It was Sunday, so a lazy day for him - or at least what he had promised his friends.  He glanced down, still in his pajamas.

Deciding that it was probably Uraraka coming to tell him her weekly evil plot, he went back to his phone.  "Come in," he called. 

The door didn't burst open and he began to get worried.  As he glanced over, he watched it ease open and Todoroki poke his head in.  The two froze - one going red with embarrassment and the other getting pink with another emotion.

"S-Sho?"  Midoriya hated how his voice cracked, but he couldn't help it.  His soulmate - someone he had been trying to impress - was looking at him in his Eraserhead pajamas.

Todoroki had been engrossed in taking in how relaxed Midoriya looked when the other teen spoke.  He straightened, but didn't step in, at least not yet.  "I was wondering if you would like to spend the day together."

Midoriya sat up, still red in embarrassment from his attire.  "Sure!  What did you have in mind?"

Todoroki nodded and stepped in.  "I propose we spend the day getting to know each other.  But I want it to be more than just asking questions."  The duel quirk user had to smile as Midoriya tipped his head to the right a bit.  It reminded Todoroki of a dog that was curious.  "Food or activities?"

The greenette blinked.  "Huh?"  He felt his heart flutter as that rare, tiny smile appeared on Todoroki's face.

"Do you want to chose what we eat all day...or what we do all day?" Todoroki clarified.

Midoriya considered the question, biting his cheek to keep from mumbling.   After a moment he grinned.  "How about you pick the food and I'll pick activites?"

Todoroki nodded.  "May I take you to breakfast then?"

Midoriya nodded.  "Just let me change first?  Oh and wear something comfortable.   I know what I want to do first."

Todoroki returned the nod and left, glancing at his outfit.  He wondered if the slacks and polo were comfortable enough.  He moved and waited downstairs for their day to begin.

Soon Midoriya came bouncing down the steps, bag on his shoulder.  "Ready, Sho?"

"After you, Izuku," the teen said, letting Midoriya head out first.  Once outside, Todoroki offered his hand and gave his shy smile when Midoriya took it.  Together they headed off campus for what both hoped would be a great day.