The morning after

Midoriya had woken up to his alarm, turned it off, and just stared at the wall.  He was warm with the onesie on - even if he didn't know where it came from - and he still clung to the unfamiliar plushie, but his body felt numb.  Todoroki had really walked away yesterday.  And he was at fault.

Before the fresh tears that grew could fall, there was a knock at his door.  Uraraka pushed it open, a tray in her hand.

"Morning, best friend!" She said, chipper as always.  "I figured you wouldn't be up to class or people, so I am bringing you breakfast in bed and gonna tell Aizawa you caught a cold."

Midoriya stared at her as she set the tray down and then moved to his bed.  She sat down and smiled at him, unsure what to do.  "How..."

She waved her hands.  "We got worried so Bakugo, Kirishima,  Kaminari,  and Tokoyami all went out looking for you.  Yaoyorozu went into total mom mode.  She made you that onesie and the plushie....but she won't make me one."

Midoriya pushed up onto an elbow, confusion evident.  "Kacchan?  But...."

Uraraka grinned.  "He was worried about his friend," she answered.  "And no one would let him go blow that two faced jerk up."

Midoriya felt his heart both warm and break at the same time.  The tears broke free and he fell back onto his bed, hugging the plushie as he started to cry.  The brunette leaned in, hugging him tightly.

"Why?" The boy sobbed.

Uraraka ran her fingers through his hair gently.  "Bakugo because he cares about you like family.  The onsie and plushie were his idea.  The other one because he is a weak as-"

"Pink cheeks would you stop fucking cursing?  It doesn't sound right," Bakugo grunted from the doorway.  "And, nerd, that half and half bastard doesn't deserve a literal ray of sunshine like you.  You're gonna be a top hero and leave his sorry ass in the dust.  We're giving you today, but after that you better step it up cause I'm gonna beat your ass in rankings."

Uraraka almost wanted to tell at him to get out when she saw the small smile on her friend's face.  She stayed quiet, letting him react.

"We'll see about that, Bakugo."  The green eyed boy giggled when his former childhood friend smirked. 

"Oh yeah, Midoriya?  Well get your head together and show me what you got," the blond chuckled.

"Tomorrow, " Uraraka finally cut in.  "Today is the day for your feelings.  Please be sure to eat and just feel better.  And tonight...Mina wants a bonfire."

The two boys looked confused.  The girl rolled her eyes.  "I'll explain later.  For now, Midoriya will rest and we have to get to class."

She hugged her friend again and then stood, pushing Bakugo from the room.  Midoriya sat up slowly, listening to his classmates leaving.  He had to smile as he heard them being as normal as possible.  He didn't feel hungry, but still dragged himself up to try and eat his food.  Maybe...maybe a day to be sad was what he needed.

Home room
Aizawa noticed his class seemed off this morning.  He had been surprised when Uraraka and Bakugo had let him know Midoriya wasn't going to be in class.  Uraraka had explained he had caught a cold and didn't feel up to class. But also didn't want to bother Recovery Girl.  The tired man just sighed and waved them off.

The next thing he noticed was that no one even gave Todoroki a glance during their morning.  That wasn't too odd...and yet the man wondered just what  might be causing the weird vibe he got from his problem children.

First period
Todoroki felt the chill from this classmates as their lessons started.  No one looked in his direction.   No one asked him questions.   No one would even acknowledge if he spoke.  So they were taking his side?  The teen snorted and decided he didn't need to care.  He had things he needed to worry about and the opinion of others was not one of them.