If Only I Could

Synopsis: Jade is graduating in a month with plans of her travelling with her band to chase success. How will she feel when she finds out that her best friend Perrie has been lying to her about her own plans after graduation and what happens when Jade decides for both their futures?

Credit to: Aqua- Turn Back Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jade Thirwall is graduating high school in a month and she couldn't be more excited. She's looking forward to finally leave the small town of South Shields and start her music career with her band which compromises of her cousin Holly in the keyboards and her friends Zachary who plays the drums, Dani in the guitar and Jed in bass with her being the lead vocals. They were ready to take the UK by storm and since her parents couldn't afford to take both her and her brother Karl to college, they agreed to let Karl graduate first and let him pay for her education once he gets a stable job since he'll graduate in 2 years, so she has 2 years to get famous before settling to just go to college and get a real job.

She was writing in her song book on the bleachers in the field when she felt someone pinched her on the left side of her stomach and sat right next her, it was her best friend Perrie who was wiping her sweat with a towel as she just finished her track practice.

Jade: You know every time you pinch my side, it bruises. (playfully rubbing her side)

Perrie: That's because you're all skin and bones and no muscle or fats to protect yourself. (chuckling before drinking from her water bottle) It's a good think no one picks on you in the hallways.

Jade: It's because all the students remember what you did to Sam when he tripped me on the parking lot sophomore year. 

Perrie: (chuckling) Yeah, he wore a nasal pack for a week after that.

Jade: And you got suspended for a week too.

Perrie: Yeah well. He shouldn't have mess with you in the first place. (smiling at her fragile best friend who was wearing dark rimmed glasses with a jumper and wavy curls flowing freely down her shoulders.) 

Both girls were in a comfortable silence for a few minutes on the bleachers watching students doing various sports activities while other kids were busy flirting with other students.

Jade: Did you receive any letters lately?

Perrie: (sighing) No, I haven't.

Jade: It's alright Pez. You'll get into a college soon. I can feel it.

Perrie: Yeah well, about that...

Perrie was cut-off when the bell rang signaling their next class will be starting soon.

Jade: Oh I have to hurry Pez, Mr. Phillips will be giving a long quiz today so the students have to be there early. See you after school?

Perrie: Maybe I'll be an hour late because I have a meeting in the track team. I'll swing by your house later?

Jade: Ok, see you then. (giving the blonde a hug before leaving the field)

Perrie let out a frustrated huff before going to the showers to change for her next subject.

Jade drove home after school thinking she could shower before Perrie comes by. They have been best friends since freshman year when the shorter girl saw a new neighbor who looked like her age moving in and she immediately introduced herself and took an instant liking to the blonde who moved in with her Uncle since her mom left for the States for work while Perrie transferred from Cardiff because her uncle was the only relative she had in the U.K. She lost her American father when she was just 10 years old, he was in the American Army and he died in battle. It affected Perrie greatly but she knows that he loved her  and her mom very much and she always thinks about him and the great memories they shared.