Prologue

In the year 3429 of the Second Age, a year before the War of The Last Alliance, a woman fled to Rivendell. When she had arrived she was covered in dry blood, scars, wounds, you name it. It was a surprise for her to even be walking.

The Elves of Rivendell had taken her in and healed her, they were going to send her on her way when the Lord of Rivendell stepped in. He was curious about the woman and why she was running, when there was nothing to run from.

He went to the room that held her, he was struck dumb by her beauty. Never before had he seen such a beautiful creature. Her hair fell in red waves at her waist, her eyes blue as the water that surrounded the land of Middle-Earth, her skin so pale that you could compare it to snow, though the thing that took the Lord by surprise the most was the fin-like ears that slightly showed through her hair.

The Lord was slow and deliberate, he did not want to spook her. She turned to face him fully and tilted her head, she seemed as curious about him as he was about her. She moved over on the bed slightly and patted the empty spot, the Lord took that as a sign to sit.

He examined her with his eyes, taking in all the detail he could, "My lady, I must ask. What are you running from?" he asked softly, like a light breeze on a flower. She frowned slightly as if she disliked the idea of telling him, so he followed up on his question, "I only wish to know so that I can protect you from whatever it is."

She took a deep breath and spoke a word he thought he would never have to hear again, "Sauron." That name alone made him tense and he fled out of the room, calling for Council. As they spoke about what it could mean, he made a mental promise to the woman, a promise to protect her forever from that evil thing with a name.