27

I stood inside of the house, listening to people argue about whether or not what Shane did was right. A few thought that he did the right thing. Others thought that he did the right thing but went about it the wrong way. Most, myself included, believed that it was not his choice to make. Hershel should've been the one to make the call. We are only guests on his land.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard something crash. A few of us ran towards the sound. We found Beth lying unconscious on the floor.

"Oh my God!" Maggie screamed.

She rushed over to Beth's side.

"Sweetie, can you hear me?" She asked Beth. "What's wrong with her?"

"She might be in shock." I offered. "We should move her somewhere more comfortable.

Rick and Shane carried Beth into a bedroom and laid her down on the bed.

"Where's Hershel?" Lori asked.

"We can't find him anywhere," Glenn answered.

I could hear Maggie whispering to Beth, trying to get her awake and attentive.

"Your stepmother's things?" Rick asked Maggie while gesturing to the room.

"He was so sure she'd recover. They'd just pick up where they left off." She answered.

"Looks like he found an old friend," Shane spoke up, holding a flask.

"That belonged to my grandfather," Maggie explained. "Gave it to dad when he died."

"I didn't take Hershel for a drinker," Rick said.

"No, he gave it up on the day I was born. He didn't even allow liquor in the house."

"What's the bar in town?" I asked, planning on flying over and getting him.

"Hatlin's." Maggie answered. "He practically lived there in his drinking days."

Without saying another word, I walked out of the house to find Daryl. I found him over by his tent, farther away than anyone else's.

Daryl POV

I sat around my own little camp, skinning some squirrels I caught. I looked up at the sound of footsteps coming my way. Once I saw that it was the Angel, I continued cleaning my squirrels.

"I need your help." She spoke.

"The hell you need my help for?" I asked without looking up.

"Beth has gone into some sort of shock and we need Hershel, who has gone into town to get a drink." She explained.

The hell does that stupid old man think just walking off like that.

(Y/n) must've been able to read my expression.

"What he did was stupid and irresponsible." She agreed. "He left without thinking of the consequences and now Rick feels that he needs to go and get him. That's the reason that I need your help. My plan is to get to Hershel and talk him into coming back with Rick without a fight. That way Beth will get the help she needs sooner and Rick won't be gone for too long. I don't trust what Shane would do without Rick here."

"That's why you need my help?" I asked. "To watch over Deputy Dipshit? Is that all I am to you? Some kinda errand boy? Must be since the only reason you're ever over here is to ask for a favor."

"I am asking you for favors because I trust you." She stated. "I don't go to anyone else for these things."

"That's because I'm the only one that knows the truth about you."