24

Hey. Hi. It's been a while, I know. I've just been so unenthused about writing this. But I'm back now. I hope you guys enjoy this late chapter.
P.S the song I've added has nothing to do with this chapter. It's just about having hope through this whole pandemic going on.
P.S.S After this chapter goes up, I will work on adding the first chapter to my new book Pysch You Out in the End

After returning from the makeshift firing range, the day continued on as normal. That was until I began to feel discomfort. I knew that the feeling was not mine, so I looked around our campsite to see who would be feeling this way. Instantly, my eyes were drawn to Dale, who was talking to Shane. I knew immediately that Dale was the source of the feeling. I made my way over to see what Shane was doing.

"You think the group would be better off without me, Dale? Why don't you tell that to Rick or Daryl? That girl would be dead if I hadn't put my ass on the line." I heard Shane say.

"And Otis's," Dale said. "You've been vague about that night, about what happened?"

Did Dale also know that Shane killed Otis?

"Otis died a hero," was all Shane had to say.

"So you've said."

"That girl lived because of what went down that night. I think you ought to show some gratitude." Shane spoke, constantly using me as an excuse.

"I wasn't there."

"No, man, you weren't," Shane said, getting very defensive.

"But I was the time that you raised your gun on Rick."

I perked up at that statement. Shane was going to shoot Rick? That made it time for me to intervene. I stepped out into their sights.

"You wanted to shoot Rick?" I accused.

I had made it very well known that I cared a lot for Rick and his safety.

"Come on. Jesus." was Shane's defense.

"You had him in your sights and you held him there," Dale said. "I know what kind of man you are."

I narrowed my eyes at Shane, not caring if he noticed my hatred for him.

"You think I'd shoot Rick?" Shane asked us. "That is my best friend. That's the man that I love. I love him like he's my brother. You think that's the kind of man I am?"

"That's right."

"Yes." Dale and I said in sync.

"Well, maybe we ought to just think that through. Say I'm the kind of man who'd gun down his own best friend. What do you think I'd do to some people that I don't even like when they start throwing accusations my way? What do you think?" Shane asked us.

Shane tried to charge past us, but I grabbed his shoulder with an iron grip.

"You will never cause harm to anyone in this group. If I find out that you have tried to hurt anyone, I will not hesitate to kill you." I snarled, looking him in his eyes. "And I do not care about whether or not Rick agrees with the decision."

After our very threatening conversation, the rest of the day continued as normal. Everyone continued with their made-up routine until it was time for them to sleep. The next morning, the group was gathered around, eating their breakfast.

"Um, guys," Glenn spoke up. "So... the barn is full of Walkers."

Everyone dropped what they were doing (or eating) and ran to the barn. Once we all got closer, we could hear the growls from the Walkers inside.