6

The next morning, everyone was up and moving around. Well everyone except Rick. He was still asleep in his tent. I decided to get off of the RV.

"Hi." I heard a small voice say once I reached the ground.

I turned around and saw Rick's little boy, Carl.

"Hello." I greeted.

"I never got to thank you for bringing my dad back to my mom and me." Carl said.

"You do not have to thank me. It was truly my pleasure." I told him with a smile.

"Um... are you doing anything right now?" He asked.

"I am standing and talking to you." I answered.

He laughed as though it was a joke.

"Do you wanna come play with me and the other kids? You can meet Sophia." He said.

I looked back to his father's tent. Since he was still sleeping, he did not need me to look after him.

"Sure." I agreed.

"Cool!"

Carl grabbed my hand and brought me to the other kids. They tried to explain the rules of the game to me, but I did not understand any of it. What does 'it' mean? Why did we not want to be caught by the one that was 'it'? I simply told them to play and I would keep watch.

'Why do they not want to be "it"? What is wrong with the person who is the "it"?'

You angels truly don't know anything, do you?

'We know just about everything. I just do not understand the concept of being "it".'

The kids' screams brought me out of my thoughts. I quickly pushed all of them behind me and let my blade fall into my hand. I looked in the direction that the kids were and saw a walker eating something on the ground. The other adults made their way to the scene.

"Carl!" Lori called out.

"Mom!" He shouted.

"You're okay?" Rick asked him.

"I've got him." Lori told Rick before speaking to Carl. "Nothing bit you? Nothing scratched you?"

"They are all okay. I pushed them behind me as soon as I could." I told her. "There was no real threat. They spotted a walker that was distracted by eating."

Lori sighed in relief.

"Thank you."

I nodded and went to find the walker. When I got closer, I saw that the walker was eating a deer. The others began to make their way towards us, gaining the attention of the walker. Rick, Glenn, Shane, Morales, and Jim began to beat it.

It's not a pinata. You're supposed to go for the head.

'Pinata?'

Now is not the time.

Dale came over and chopped the walker's head off, but did not actually kill it.

"It's the first one we've had up here. They never come this far up the mountain." Dale said.

"Well, they're running out of food in the city, that's what." Jim said.

I turned towards the woods when I heard the sound of twigs snapping. A man with a crossbow emerged into the clearing. He looked to be upset.

It's Daryl!

"Son of a bitch. That's my deer!" Daryl said when he saw the state the deer was in. "Look at it. All gnawed on by this filthy, disease-bearing, motherless poxy bastard!"