4

We continued our trek into the sewers. We finally saw a grate.

"Yeah, we've got ourselves a sewer tunnel." Glenn spoke. "Jacqui was right."

"Can we cut through it?" I asked.

"If we had a blowtorch and half a day, sure. Dale's hacksaw sure as hell won't do it." Glenn answered.

'With my grace, I could easily break this thing off.'

You said that you need to save your grace in case something happens.

'This is important. If we can get through here, I can help Rick.'

"Maybe if I..." I reached out to grab the grate, but a walker stopped me.

Glenn and I both jumped back as the walker tried to grab me.

"We gotta go." Glenn said.

We ran out of there as quickly as we could. We entered the room that everyone else was in.

"What did you find down there?" Rick asked us.

"Not a way out." Glenn answered.

"We need to find a way and soon." Andrea said.

The group decided to head back up to the roof. Rick walked over to the edge and looked out.

"That construction site, those trucks... they always keep keys on hand." Rick pointed out.

"You'll never make it past the walkers." Morales told him.

"You got us out of that tank." Rick said to Glenn.

"Yeah, but they were feeding. They were distracted." Glenn said.

"Can we distract them again?" Rick asked.

"Right. Listen to him." Merle spoke up. "He's onto something. A diversion, like on 'Hogan's Heroes'."

"God. Give it a rest." Jacqui sighed.

"They're drawn by sound, right?" Rick asked.

"Like dogs. They hear a sound, they come." Glenn confirmed.

"What else?" Rick asked.

"Aside from they hear you?" Morales questioned. "They see you, smell you and if they catch you, they eat you."

"They can tell us by smell?" Rick asked.

"Can't you?" Glenn asked.

"They smell dead, we don't. It's pretty distinct." Andrea said.

Rick got an idea and told everyone about it. We walked back into the store. Rick gave everyone some gloves.

"If bad ideas were an Olympic event, this would take the gold." Glenn said as he looked at the gloves.

"He's right." Morales agreed. "Just stop, okay? Take some time to think this through."

"How much time?" Rick asked. "They already got through one set of doors. That glass won't hold forever."

Rick went outside and dragged a dead walker into the store. He grabbed the walker's wallet and started looking through it. Rick and Glenn talked a little about what they found in his wallet before Rick hacked away at the walker. Everyone seemed to be sickened by its guts.

"Keep chopping." Rick said as he handed Morales the ax.

"I am so gonna hurl." Glenn said.

"Later." Rick said and walked away.

When he came back, he had three makeshift ponchos with him.

"I can't go alone." Rick said.

Everyone looked at Glenn, once again deciding that he would be the one to go with Rick.