Chapter 14: Finally

Ahhh so excited to write this chapter wooooo  THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST ONE SO FAR (and probably the longest). HOPEFULLY. well the most interesting anyways

oh yeah and this ISN'T the last chapter, in case the title gave you that impression. I'm expecting this story to be 20 chapters at least.

Anyways, LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS 

TO DEFEAT

THE HUNSSSSSSSSS

omg HELEN STAHP GETTING SIDETRACKED 

ok ok chapter 14 in 5 4 3 2 1 

Chapter 14

(Elizabeth's POV):

"THAT. WAS. AMAZING." Alex shouted, tackling me into a hug once he saw me.  

Emma and I were back from Twist headquarters, standing on Alex's front porch. After watching the interview live he had called me and demanded that we go over to his house afterwards for a celebratory dinner. 

"I cannot believe how genius you two are," He rambled as Emma and I walked into his house, shutting the door behind us. "How in the name of god did you change her skin tone like that without her noticing? And her hair?"

Emma explained our evil schemes to him as Elizabeth The Dog rushed to greet me, licking me in a rush. 

"Is this where I get down on my knees and worship you guys?" he asked once she was done. We laughed as he knelt down. "All hail Queens Emma and Elizabeth for overthrowing the peasant Miranda once and for all!"

"Who said it was 'once and for all'? The plan isn't over yet until Harry severs all ties with her. And we don't know if that has happened yet." Emma kicked off her shoes and took her usual place on the couch, and it felt so normal - like the last time our trio had hung out was yesterday and not years ago. 

I looked around. Everything was the same. Every framed picture was in the exact same spot. The living room, with its plushy couch and cream colored carpet was exactly how I remembered it, as was the kitchen, with the marble countertops and fridge with pictures all over it.

Emma flicked on the TV as I crossed over to the kitchen. "Oh my god, this is still here?" I crouched down in front of the fridge, holding up a picture of Alex and I when we were in sixth grade, spraying each other with water guns. Alex's older brother Jacob, who was in eighth grade at the time, was holding a bucketful of water balloons, chucking them at me. 

"That was the best day ever," Alex said, coming up behind me. "I miss that so much..."

"Me too." I stood up, taking a deep breath. "What was that, six or seven years ago?" 

"Yep. Seven years ago. Jeez, have Jacob and I really known you that long?"

As if on cue, a familiar blond boy with no shirt on came into the kitchen . "Alex, do you - " Jacob stopped mid sentence once he saw me, and a huge grin spread across his face. "Lizzy! What are you doing here! We missed you!"

He wrapped me in a hug, apparently forgetting that he was shirtless and I was pressed up against his now toned chest.

Emma whistled at him from the couch. "Well well well, looks like Jakey has finally grown out of his awkward years!" She jumped up to join us. "Is that a six-pack? I do NOT believe it...Jacob has a SIX PACK!"

Jacob laughed and hugged Emma after me. "Missed you too, crazy. Just so you know, I'm twenty now, not thirteen anymore so you don't need to treat me like that," he joked. "And you never explained to me why you guys stopped by for a visit! What's the occasion?"