Chapter 9: Our First Date Sort Of But Not Really

note: there will be some Harry POV in this chapter just a heads up (:

CHAPTER 9

Two days after the boys had left, I was moping around in the house. Everything was so boring without them, I realized. I was watching Adventure Time(yes, I was THAT bored) when I got a text.

Brrrring!

I slid open my phone to check the text. It was from Niall.

Message from: Nialler (:

emma n i cam up wit a plan call emma so she cn tell u

I rolled my eyes at his horrible spelling and dialed Emma's number.

"You finally called! Yay! Okay, so me and Ni came up with a plan. Here's how it goes - Niall and I plan a hang out with each other; Niall decides to invite Harry, I decide to invite you. Then, Niall and I both don't show up because of some last minute problems, but you and Harry will already be there so the two of you decide to just hang out. See? Aren't I so smart?"

"Yeah, sure Emma. So when is this gonna happen?"

"Well, Niall already called Harry, he agreed. So all you have to do is show up at the park two blocks down from your house. Harry should be there soon. After you both are there, call me to ask where I am, and I'll give you some random excuse. Then tell Harry to call Niall and Niall will give some random excuse and then BAM you two are alone and that's where you come in, El, you gotta turn on your seductive mode, unleash your inner flirtatiousness. Remember, every second you have with him is precious! Don't waste it!"

"Yeah, yeah, okay. Fine. I'll be there in ten."

*

"Hey Lizzie! I missed you." Harry said, grabbing me and pulling me into a hug. I nodded into his shoulder.

"I missed you too. How are you doing with that girlfriend of yours?" I asked when we pulled away.

He shrugged. "She's...we're...we're having a great time." He said. He suddenly became interested in picking the lint on his shirt.

"Okay..." Well this was awkward.

"So, where's Niall and Emma?" He asked.

"I don't know...here, I'll call Emma." I said, pulling out my phone and dialing her number.

"Hello?" Emma answered.

"Hey Ems, I'm with Harry. Where are you two?" I asked, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

"We're um...I'm stuck at home because I'm...I have to...um, babysit my little sister. Yeah. And Niall is helping me. So I guess it's just gonna be you two..." I could tell that she was grinning, and I heard Niall laughing in the background.

"Okay, well, I guess it's just you and me, Har." I said, hanging up on Emma. "Emma and Niall have to babysit. Or something dumb like that."

"Oh, okay then." He said, smiling. "What do you want to do, then? There's a Starbucks across the street, we can go there if you want."

"Yeah, sounds good!" I said. Soon, we were sitting in a booth at Starbucks, sipping on our Vanilla Bean Fraps.

"So, how have you been?" Harry asked.

"Good, I guess. It's boring without you and the boys around." I said, playing with my straw.

"That's good to know. So, no boys right? You aren't allowed to date any boys until after I've met him and given you permission." He teased.

"Yes, father." I rolled my eyes.

"Really, though. You should be careful about that stuff. There are some really bad people out in the real world."