Chapter 5: Slumber Party

Okay this chapter is long. Enjoy it babes.

CHAPTER 5

I found the next morning that Harry had somehow snuck his number into my phone when I wasn't looking. Cheeky little charmer, he was.

We became accustomed to texting each other regularly, and I found myself growing more attached to the lanky but still very attractive popstar. Which was extremely weird, considering how I met them in the first place. Sometimes I wondered what would've happened if Harry hadn't nearly given me a concussion with the car door. My life would be a lot less interesting, that was for sure.

And, I wouldn't have gotten my promotion. Tina had been extremely satisfied after I showed her my article and pictures, and she promoted me to one of an assistant journalist for Twist. I guess Harry and his klutziness was to thank for that, too.

New Text Message!

My phone buzzed in my hand. I looked down, and saw that Emma had texted me.

Message from: Emma

Hay girl! Where have you been these past few days? Missing you! xx

I realized guiltily that I had kind of forgotten about Emma, what with my new best friends being the members of the hottest band on the face of this Earth... but I knew that I could make it up to her very easily.

Message to: Emma

Hey Ems. Mom and Dad are gone again on one of those stupid business trips and I'm bored out of my mind so be at my house in half an hour, k? I have a surprise for you(:

*THIRTY MINUTES LATER*

"Look, Lizzie, it's not that hard. You just put your thumb here, and your index finger right here..." Harry held up his chopsticks, demonstrating how to hold them properly.

Liam, Zayn, Niall, Harry and I were sitting on the couch, eating the Asian takeout they had picked up on the way here.(Liam explained that Louis had planned a night out with Eleanor and couldn't make it.) Emma had texted me that she was on her way, but we were all too hungry to wait for her.

"This is hard, Harry..." I whined, the chopsticks slipping out of my hands as I tried to follow his instructions.

"Here." He reached over and grabbed my hand in his, positioning the chopsticks correctly. "You hold it like this, and then you move your fingers like this..." He moved my fingers with his. "Got it?"

I felt my cheeks flush involuntarily. "Yeah, I think so..." When Harry pulled his hand away my fingers were still tingling from his touch.

Pfffft. Did I really just say that?

Thankfully, Liam saved me from further embarassment. "No, that's the hard way. Just take one of the chopsticks and stab the food." He said, jabbing a piece of Orange Chicken onto his chopstick and sticking it in his mouth. Harry and I laughed as we watched him stab away at his food.

Ding, Dong.

"Hey, would you mind getting the door, Zayn?" I asked him with a small smile, knowing full well that Emma would go absolutely nuts in a few moments.

"Ho...ly...shit." Yep, I was right. "Uhhh, am I in the wrong house? Definitely not complaining, but..."

I heard Zayn laugh and lead her into the living room, where the rest of us were sitting on the couch.

"ELIZABETH WHAT IS HAPPENING." Emma's eyes bugged out. "I'M DREAMING, RIGHT? TELL ME I'M DREAMING. NO, DON'T. I NEED TO GET A GOOD LOOK AT THEM."

I jumped off the couch and hugged her. "Hello to you too, Ems! I haven't seen you in like five whole days." I said. "Here we have four fifths of One Direction."