Chapter 20: Phone Calls

CHAPTER 20:

(Alex's POV)

Finally, it was all coming together.

After two weeks of planning, the downfall of Elizabeth Collins was right around the corner. Harry and his gang of fags would be heading on back to UK in about a week, so my drastic move to break them up would have to take place sooner than later. All I needed was a little bit of help - and I had a very good idea of who'd take me up on my offer. 

First person? Caroline Flack, of course. Who else despised Elizabeth as much as she? Liz had swooped in and stolen her long-distance boyfriend right under her nose, causing Harry to turn his back on her faster than you can say 'betrayal'. She, of all people, would be eager to help me. 

A quick phone call was all it took, just as I'd predicted. 

"Hello, Caroline," I said into the phone when she picked up on the second ring. 

"Who is this?" 

"Alex."

"Who?"

"That's besides the point. You'll find out soon, anyways." 

"What are you talking about?" her voice was edged with fear and I resisted a laugh. 

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you. I just need you to help me ruin the life of someone else. Someone that has done both of us wrong numerous times. Someone that the both of us would love to get even with." 

"Oh, I could name a certain girl right now." she wasn't scared anymore, now I could tell that she disliked Elizabeth just as much as I needed her to- if not more. 

 "If her name's Elizabeth Collins, then we're already on the right track." I said. "I've been thinking for a while and I already have a very elaborate, pretty much bulletproof plan to do some damage to both her and her nasty little boyfriend. Once we're done Harry'll be eager to jump on his plane back home and Elizabeth won't want to show her face to the media ever again. I'm just going to need a bit of your help." 

Caroline giggled eagerly. "Ooh, we get to break up oh-so-precious Elarry? Two birds with one stone. When do we get started?" 

I smiled victoriously to myself. "As soon as you'd please. But first I need to call another dear friend of mine - this can't get done with just you and I. We're going to need someone who we'd be able to disguise as Elizabeth."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You'll find out soon enough." I ended the call and dialed Miranda's phone number. 

***

(Elizabeth's POV)

"How many more days again?" I asked softly, dragging my finger across his collarbone. I was lying up against his side, head resting on the crook of his shoulder. 

Harry let out a breath, bringing his hand up to his curls and brushing them out of his face. We were lying on top of his bed with the flat to ourselves, doing nothing at all except being with each other.

"Eight." he sighed. "But who's counting?" he managed a weak laugh that didn't convince either of us.

"I am." I murmured. "We both are and you know that. You don't need to pretend like you're not going to leave."

"It makes it easier," 

"Ignoring it doesn't make it easier for me. Why can't we talk about it?" 

"What's to talk about?" he adjusted his head so he could look down on me. "We both know I'm leaving and can't do anything about it." 

"Is this gonna end?" I asked the question that had been in the back of both of our minds for the past few days.