Chapter 3: It's On Like Donkey Kong

CHAPTER 3

"Okay, so Harry...how do you feel about your sudden rise in fame here in America?" I asked, popping a potato chip in my mouth. I was sitting cross-legged on a cushy recliner, facing Harry, who was sitting in another recliner across from me.

"Basically...well, it's one of those things you don't really think about, you know...I mean, the fans are all great, and I think as a boyband we're all pretty happy with what we've done here in America." He said slowly, reaching into the bag of chips and stuffing some in his mouth. "Mind?"

"No, go ahead." I said, writing down a few words on my notepad. In truth, I only needed information about him and his girlfriend, but I knew it would be kind of awkward if I immediately started asking him about his relationship status, so I had decided to start with a few typical questions about his career. "Have you and the boys ever taken the time to reflect on how far you've come?"

Harry shrugged. "Not really, I mean, even when you're on stage and the fans are all screaming your name, it's still hard to wrap your head around the fact that they're here for you...Of course, we're proud of ourselves for making it this far, so far we've done rather well...but we don't want to become big-headed."

"'Rather' well? You could very possibly be part of the biggest boyband in the world and you say you've done 'rather' well??" I found this quite ridiculous and started laughing.

Harry rolled his eyes at me, grinning. "Whatever, Liz."

For some odd reason, hearing Harry Styles, a world famous celebrity, call me by my nickname sent chills down my back. "Anyway, do you keep in touch often with family and friends when you are away?"

"Oh yes, definitely. It's hard being away from them for so long whenever we go on tours and stuff, but I do video chats with my family a lot, so we manage."

"Aw, cute." I murmured absentmindedly as I took notes. "All right....now for the question we've all been waiting for..." I tried my best to do a TV announcer voice. "Is the handsome lad single or taken?"

He chuckled at my pathetic impression. "Ahh, well...I'm taken...now don't worry, love, there are plenty of other fish in the sea," He said, winking at me, and I laughed with a roll of my eyes.

"Ahaha, very funny, Styles. Who's the lucky lady, by the way? Are the rumors about you and Caroline true?"

Harry ran his tongue over his lips before nodding. "Yeah, we're back together."

I don't know why, but I felt an odd tugging in my stomach, knowing that he was with someone so much older than him. Not that it was any of my business, but she just didn't seem right for him...I mean, dating a boy almost half her age? That was just a bit weird.

"Okay, thanks for answering all my questions..." I smiled. This morning I had only expected to get a few pictures of him, maybe a few words out of him if I was lucky...and now here I was, finishing up a proper interview with Harry Styles. My very first ever interview for Twist magazine. I was more than proud of myself.

"So we're done with the interview now?"

"Yep."

"Ok, I'm going to go make a sandwich, I'm starving. Want one?"

"I'm ok, thanks." I waved away his request and he left me sitting alone in the gigantic living room. It was a bit extravagant for a temporary flat, but then again I supposed it was necessary for five teenage millionaires.

Awkwardly, I stood up and pushed open the door to a separate living room (this one was just as big, only with a flatscreen TV at the front) where Louis, Liam and Niall were watching Family Guy.

"So, were you guys planning on taking me home anytime soon?" I asked tentatively, scratching the back of my neck. "I don't want to seem like an intruder or something."

"No worries, Lizzy, having a good looking girl walking around here isn't going to hurt any," Louis said with a cheeky grin, causing my cheeks to flush red.

"I think you're scaring her, Louis. Sorry about him, Elizabeth...we're going to leave for dinner soon so we'll drive you home then." Liam said warmly. I flashed him a thankful smile.

"Tell us about yourself, love! Maybe you won't feel like an intruder if you get to know us a little better." said Louis, patting the space on the couch beside him.

I crossed over and settled down next to him. I mean, why not? "Okay, well, I work for Twist. It's not exactly an official job, since I'm still studying in college and all. I'm majoring in Journalism and minoring in Photography. I like puppies, Nutella, Italian food...food in general." I said, not entirely sure what they wanted to know. "And that's pretty much the main things about me. Oh, and I like soccer...football is what you boys call it, I believe."

"Yeah football's cool! I used to play when I was younger, I know the boys like it too," said Niall in an overly excited Irish accent.

"Oh, I bet I could beat you all any day." I said with a smirk.

"I'd like to see you try!" Harry said, appearing in the doorway with a sandwich in hand. He leaned against the doorframe and raised an eyebrow at me.

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into, boy!" I warned.

"I challenge you to a soccer match, tomorrow, at the park down the street." Harry declared. "No shows tomorrow, I think we could all use a day in the field."

"Game on, Styles."

"It's on like Donkey Kong!" Liam shouted.