1.19

y/n pov:

"mr kang called you in," taehyun said.

i took deep breaths and made my way.

"good morning y/n," he said.

"oh uh, good morning, principal," i said.

"you must be feeling so tense right now... calm down, it's not as bad as you're thinking it to be," he said. i heaved a sigh of relief.

"the school knows that you have a clean record, and believe you won't do such a thing. thus, we decided to let you off this very once. however, no more next time, okay?" he explained.

"yes yes, i won't do it again. thank you so much principal-nim!" i said. i made my way out of the office excitedly.

"you're out. how was it?" taehyun asked.

"eh you haven't went back? it was good! i didn't get any punishment at all, it feels so unreal! how about you?" i asked.

taehyun pov:

"how about you?" y/n asked.

flashback to moments ago...

"i'll still have to punish you, you know that right?" dad said.

"mhm," i replied, "i started it, so please keep the punishment to just me."

"okay then, i'll add three demerits to your records, and... suspended from school for a week. that's really little as punishment okay?" he said.

"thank you so much dad. i'll just stay at home for the week then," i said.

"mhm good boy. go call her in right now," he said.

end of flashback

"oh, uh me too," i replied.

"wait like, for real? no punishment? woahh," she replied, "oh but i also have something else to tell you."

"yeah?" i asked.

"uhh so, my mom found out i was helping you to cheat... and she wants me to keep my distance from you so... after all this ends let's just pretend none of this ever happened okay? and... pretend we don't even know each other..." she said.

yeah, should've seen this coming...

"yeah... sure, i promised that i wouldn't interfere in your life anymore after this anyway," i replied. i was starting to hate myself. not that i caused all this but, i was catching feelings for her. and i didn't want that to happen. goodness... kang taehyun, this world has so many other women, probably better, taller and prettier than her, why are you just harping on someone you'll never get?

y/n pov:

"uhh so, my mom found out i was helping you to cheat... and she wants me to keep my distance from you so... after all this ends let's just pretend none of this ever happened okay? and... pretend we don't even know each other..." i said.

yeah... i said it... i didn't wanna do it either but, mom's pissed...

"yeah... sure, i promised that i wouldn't interfere in your life anymore after this anyway," he replied.

at that moment, tears already welled up in my eyes. was i really sure i wanted things to go this way? whatever, it's for the better... i guess i'll have to find new friends and... get over this too...