2.11

y/n pov:

>> time skip to next day >>

i made my way into the classroom and made eye contact with taehyun. shit... why did i look at him... it's literally so awkward between us right now... but i have to find a time to talk to him so... should i just do it now? since there's some time before classes start, let's just do it now...

"taehyun ah, can i talk to you about something?" i asked.

"we have nothing to talk about," he replied coldly, "if there's nothing else could you go back to your seat so i can focus on reading?"

"oh... okay..." i said as i went back. this is weird... i'm sure the old taehyun wouldn't say that... was what i said yesterday too harsh on him?

taehyun pov:

"taehyun ah, can i talk to you about something?" y/n asked as she kinda startled me as i was reading. what is she up to this time? yesterday, she told me to keep my distance, and today she's taking the initiative to talk to me? that's so weird...

"we have nothing to talk about," i quickly replied before i would become soft for her and let those feelings take over me again, "if there's nothing else could you go back to your seat so i can focus on reading?" sorry y/n...

"oh... okay..." she replied with a tint of deject as she made her way back to her seat. seeing that, i felt guilty. what did she even want to talk to me about though?

y/n pov:

i guess i can only try my luck after school... i have to find a time to catch him and ask him about it. did he actually... take the punishment for me just so i kept a clean record? and why didn't he tell me? all these questions were repeating in my head and i wanted to know answers, but the answer key didn't want to tell me.

>> time skip to after school >>

"taehyun!" i said as i ran after him leaving the classroom. he increased the pace he was walking in upon hearing me.

"taehyun!" i repeated again as i got hold of his hand.

"what? can you please... stop it! i'm really confused right now... a moment you tell me to stop 'disturbing you' and 'interfering in your life', and now you're telling me 'you wanna talk'. so you have the rights to 'disturb me' and i can't, right? i see it now. well, don't disturb me either cuz i have no time to deal with you," he said, pushing my hand off as he walked off again.

"taehyun! is it true that you took double punishment when we cheated so i would keep a clean record?" i shouted, hoping he would hear me but he continued walking.

i ran after him as i asked again.

"and so what are you going to do? so what if i did? or, what if i didn't?" he asked. that's a good question though- what am i gonna do with that information? was i going to give him a chance again?