Chapter 20

Shorter than I wanted but I wanted to post an update and I thought it was a good point to end it. Well it's 3 am app yeah well good night enjoy❤️

(Skyler p.o.v)
I surprise her and pick her up bridal style and carry her to my truck. She's genuinely laughing and I'm glad I could make her laugh she needed to have some happiness tonight. I finally realize her shoes she's wearing, converse. I say, "Nice shoes!" She smiles and says "thanks."

She just has one of those smiles were it instantly brings a smile to your face. I probably sound so cliché or like a love sick puppy. That's because honestly I am and I'm the most cliché person you'll ever meet. I'm proud to say it. I get in my truck and look over to her and she's staring out the windshield I see tears pooling, I notice Brandon running over to the truck. "Sam, I can leave now if you don't want to talk to him." She says with a shaky voice, "I-I need to do this at some point, why not now." He taps on the window for me to roll it down, I look at Sam as to say you sure and she nods. She says, "Go ahead tell me a pathetic excuse as why you're here with that slut instead of me who WAS your girlfriend or did I not even matter to you? Brandon you are pathetic." God the sass in her voice she is livid and I don't blame her. Brandon says, "Sam, just listen to me for a minute I meant it when I told you I love you! Lou is just a friend!" Sam fires back, "Listen to you! Why would I listen to you? Just a friend huh well why did I see you two wrapped in each other's arms and sucking face??? Oh look the devil herself." Lou come and wraps her arms around Brandon's waist because she's short and says, "Babe, are you ready to go?" I'm watching Sam carefully. I see a tear slip down her cheek she quickly wipes it away, "Yeah, just friends huh.. Goodbye Brandon has a nice happy life with Lou." She rolls up the window and tells me I can go. Brandon yells for me to wait but I don't. As soon as we pull away Sam burst into tears, I grab her hand and she looks at me and my heart stops she is so broken over him, she says quietly, "H-He said he loved me Sky.." I rub my thumb on the top of her hand, "Shhh, I know. Hey do you want to crash at my place its late and I don't know if you should be alone?" I just want to make her smile and hear her laugh again. She nods and looks in the side mirror back at Brandon, he kissing Lou. Fucking douche. That sent Sam into another round of sobs. I squeeze her hand and speed home.

We finally got to my place and it was empty of course. I'm glad my moms at work I don't want to play 20 questions and I don't think Sam would want to meet her like this. I carry Sam inside because she shaking so bad. My heart is hurting because she's hurting. I sit her on my bed and kneel in front of her holding both her small hands in one of mine and wiping her tears with the other, "I'll get you some clothes to change into, okay love?" She nods. I grab her my black sweats and green Linkin Park tshirt and set them on the bed next to her, "I'll just wait in the hall til you're done." I turn to leave but I hear her, "Wait! Um, I kinda need help unlacing the dress and getting out." She blushes and takes her shoes off standing up and moving her hair out of the way for me. I messily undo the laces rubbing my thumbs down her back as I do she's so soft. (An.-😄 don't know why that made me laugh) she shivers a little I finish and she steps out of the dress then puts on the sweats painfully slow she's beautiful and so tempting. I grab the shirt and offer to help she doesn't say no, so I pull it down and then slide my hands on the small of her back. I can't help it, I kiss her neck. Mistake number one. She flinches a little, "Skyler-". I stop her, "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't of done that it was wrong of me." I distance myself from her, I need to take a minute and clear my head, I tell Sam, "Um I'll be right back in going to get us something to drink. She nods still blushing. I lean on the counter trying to calm my rapid beating heart, I just wish she was mine. I'm an idiot though kissing her really sky she just found out about her cheating now ex boyfriend and you kiss her real smooth. Another thing she looks really good in my clothes and I just wish I could kiss the hell out of her and make her forget. Calm down Skyler. Just be a friend. You're friends. I got my heart down to somewhat normal so I grab a couple glasses of water and head back up to my room. I find some laying on my bed in a black hoodie of mine, sleeping. I smile she stole a hoodie I'll probably never get back oh well it looks good on her. I strip down to my boxers and throw some sweats on as well then grab the blankets and cover her up and grab the pillow next to her head and a blanket at the end of my bed and lay down on the floor. I hear Sam's soft voice, "Sky, what are you doing on the floor there's plenty of room up here." I laugh and lay down next to her. She whispers better and is knocked out again. I lay there just staring at the ceiling and Sam rolls over in her sleep and wraps her arms around my waist and intertwined her legs with mine. Apparently she's a cuddle person in her sleep. I'm not complaining I hold her close to me and sigh with content. I decide since she's sleeping I kiss the top of her head and whisper to her "I love you so much. For you I'll always wait." Quoting some lyrics for the song I sung for her at the dance. I feel something on my chest and I realize she has tears rolling down her cheeks, she must be dreaming of him, I sigh and pull her closer.

(Sam's)
Little did he know I was awake the whole time....