Chapter 10!

A.N - wow this chapter took an unexpected turn.. This was not at all my original idea but I kinda like how it turned out. You get to learn more about one of the characters and you will get a flashback of Sam and her secret she's keeping dun dun dun!!! Well I hope you like it

Chapter 10

(Sams p.o.v)

I finished up my hw and painted on my poster board a little. Then Ryan come and got me for dinner. Like always he had me jump on his back and he almost tripped I'm surprised when I see dad at the table and when I hear mom yell at us to be careful. Jakes in the kitchen cooking. Ry sets me down and I go in the kitchen and grab the plates and utensils to set the table. As I set the table I ask, "Hey Jake watcha making?" "Some type of pasta, chicken thing." "Just make sure it's edible" I tease. He laughs, "No promises." I sit down at the table next to Ry who's texting away on his phone. I feel mine buzz in my pocket so I take it out and see I have three texts, one from Liz, Jess, and Brandon. I open Liz's text first.

From Lizzy-

Guess who's going to your homecoming and needs a dress mee! Wanna go dress shopping together?? This weekend I'm free. Miss you xx-Liz

To Lizzy-

Ahh no way! I was going with my friend Jess you defiantly are welcome to come with. Jess won't mind at all. Miss you more. Xx -Sam

From Jess-

Are we still dress shopping this weekend?xx-Jess

To Jess-

Defiantly! Is it alright if my friend Liz comes with?xx -Sam

I'm about to respond to Brandon but mom says, "That's it you to hang me your phones all of you. We are going to have a nice family dinner without electronics. That means you to Jake." Who I'm assuming is texting Jess. I reluctantly hang her my phone. The same is not said for Ryan and Jake. They plea, "Come on mom-" but mom wasn't having any of it and kept her hand out. They sigh and hand her their phones. She sets them all on the counter behind her and Jake bring out dinner. It smells amazing. We sit quietly and eat dinner, what lovely family dinner this is. "So how are you mom, dad?" They both respond with good. Dad says, "Dinner is great Jake thanks." Jake says, "Thanks." "How's school going." Moms speaks up. "It's good Ryan and I made the football team."Jake says. I speak up, "I'm thinking about joining cross country." "That's great you guy." Mom says. Everyone finishes dinner and puts there plate in the sink. Then goes there separate ways. Mom and dad go in the living room and Ryan and Jake grab their phones and go to there rooms. I grab mine and my mail from the counter and go in the living room, I have to ask dad something. I sit down and turn towards them. "What's up sweetie?" Dad says. "Well next week is homecoming, and I was wondering if maybe I could get a little bit of money to get a dress." "Honey I'm sorry I don't have any extra money, money is a little tight right now." He says. I reply, "Oh, that's okay I'll find a way." Sadness evident in my voice. I climb the stairs and stop when I hear moms voice, "Mark, you know damn well you have some money for her." He responds, "I do but she doesn't need to go to some stupid dance and get a sluty dress and dance with some dumb jocks." I storm down the stairs livid, "Is that really what you think of me.. You think I'm some slut who would date some dumb jock. Do you really think you know me because based off of that you don't know anything about me!!" I scream and storm out of the house. I run down the street for awhile not slowing down until I'm far away from that house. I stop when I get to small park next to the rocks stopping the lake. I go climb down a few so I'm close to the water. That's when I break and burst into tears. I sit down so I don't fall. I can't believe he thinks that I wonder what he would say about Brandon. I just sit and cry for I don't know how long. I knew his nice guy act wasn't going to last very long. I wish Jason was here. Eventually the tears stop. I stare just out at the lake for a long time. The wind picks up and I wish I would of grabbed a jacket. I pull my knees up to my chest. The suns setting and I have no idea how I'm going to get home to don't even remember how I got here. My phone is dead I can't call anyone. Just great.