13❦︎

"What was Will saying? Like home?...like home?" Mike repeated what Will had said.

"But dark and..." I repeated but I couldn't remember the other part.

"And empty." Lucas helped me finish.

"Yea thanks, Lucas," I said sincerely.

"Empty and cold...wait did he say it was cold?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know. The stupid radio kept going in and out." Lucas sighed.

"It's like riddles in the dark." Dustin sighs.

"Home? Like his house?" Mike asked.

"Or Hawkins," Lucas suggested.

"Upside down," El mumbled. She was lying down on the couch while I braided the hair in the wig.

"What'd she say?" Dustin asked.

"What?" Lucas questioned.

"Upside down?" I mumbled.

"Upside down. When El showed us where Will was she flipped the board over right? Upside down. Dark. Empty." Mike said excited he had figured it out. But I didn't get it.

"Do you guys understand what he's talking about?" Lucas asked.

"No," Dustin answered.

I sighed. "Mike, we're gonna need you to use your big boy language and explain what the fuck your talking about."

He rolled his eyes at me. "Come on guys think about it. When El took us to find Will she took us to his house, right?"

"Yeah, and he wasn't there."

"But what if he was? What if we just couldn't see him? What if he was on the other side?" He asked mysteriously.

"Wait- so he is dead? But you said he wasn't! Did we get in contact with his spirit or something?" I asked confused

"No dumbass, he's alive." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"But Mike just said he was on the other side."

"He wasn't talking about heaven stupid."

"Oh, then continue."

Mike continued, He flipped the bored right-side up. "What if this is Hawkins," then he flipped the board upside down. "This is where Will is. Upside down."

"Like the veil of shadows," Dustin asked.

"So like an alternate dimension?"

𑁍𑁍𑁍

"Are you ready yet?" My mom asked as she knocked on my bedroom door.

"Yeah, I think so." I turned around in my black dress. We were going to go to Will's funeral. "Do I have to wear this?"

"Will would be proud to know you wore a dress to his funeral." She smiled sadly.

"No, he would've been sorry for whoever put me in the dress then laughed with me about how ugly this dress is." I smiled at the image in my head. "I miss him," I said.

I knew he wasn't dead, the boys and El told me that, but I couldn't help but have my doubts and they scared me. Even if he isn't dead he's still not here, and I miss him.

"I know you do, lets go. Maybe after we can watch a movie and buy some ice cream."

I nodded and we walked out the door.