5❦︎

We had stayed for dinner at the Wheelers. It was silent except for the sound of knifes on plates. The boys were picking at their food. Meanwhile I ate as much as I could.

I couldn't remember the last time I had sat down and had a family meal. Or a full course home made meal. Yes I could cook but not like this. I looked over at Holly playing with her cup and smiled. I couldn't help but envy Mike for his perfect family.

Mrs. Wheeler noticed how the boys weren't eating much and spoke up. "Something wrong with the meatloaf ?" She asked.

"Um... no. I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch." Dustin lied, "I don't know why."

"Me too." Lucas fake chuckled.

"I think its amazing Mrs. Wheeler. One of the best meals i've ever had. Thank you." I tried using my manners.

Mrs. Wheeler chuckled, "Thank you and your welcome y/n. If you want I could lend you my cook book to give your mom." She offered.

"That woukd be nice." I smiled. I liked Mrs. Wheeler. She was the closest thing I had to a mom. I know I probably sound horrible because I already have a mother, but Mrs. Wheeler cared and cheked up on me whenever I came over.

"I agree with y/n, Its delicious mommy." Nancy sucked up.

"Thank you sweetie."

"So there's this special assembly thing tonight...for Will at the school field Barb's driving." Nancy told her mom.

"Why am I just hearing about this?" Mrs. Wheeler asked.

"I thought you knew," Nancy said.

"I told you, I don't want you out after dark until Will is found."

"I know, I know, but it'd be super weird if i'm not there. I mean everyone's going." Nancy finished.

Mrs. Wheeler sighed. "Just... be back by 10:00." Nancy nodded. "Why don't you take the boys and y/n?" Mrs. Wheeler asked.

"No!" Mike and Nancy said simultaneously.

"Mmm-mmm." Dustin and Lucas hummed.

"Nope." I said.

"Don't you think you should be there? For Will?" She asked.

Mike had taken a sip of milk and i took a bite of my meatloaf when we saw Eleven comming downstairs. Mike spit out his water. I started choking on my food. Mrs. Wheeler turned to look behind her. When Dustin slammed his hands on the table. Holly hummed.

"Sorry, spasm." Dustin apologized. I was still choking on my food. I was sitting next to Lucas and Dustin. Lucas patted my back until I could breathe again.

"Thanks." I said.

"Try chewing next time." He responded.

"I can try." I said.

Holly whimpered. "Its okay Holly its just a loud noise." Mrs. Wheeler comforted.

We finished eating soon after and Mrs. Wheeler took Holly to sleep. Then she went with Ted and they went to bed.

I was in the basement with Eleven. Mike told me to make sure she didn't roam around the house. I watched as she fiddled with Mikes supercom she found. I helped her get on channel six, but then she went rouge and did what she wanted to and I watched her.

I sat right next to her watching closely and I was caught off gaurd when she layed her head down on my shoulder. It took me a second but then I leaned my head on hers. She was still fiddling with the supercom. Something in my stomach erupted and I couldn't control this feeling. It felt wrong but at the smae time it felt so right.