3❦︎

The boys stood there, not knowing what to do, but I snapped back into reality quickly. It was cold outside, freezing practically, and here this girl was with just an oversized T-shirt.

"Oh my-" I got the fluffy black sweater i brought for Will out of my bag that I also had brought.

I stepped towards her, but she stepped back.

"Its okay, I'm not going to hurt you." I tried, "Here," I handed her the sweater, "You look cold," she put the sweater on and I gave her the warmest smile I could manage.

•~~~•

We stood in Mike's basement. Me and the girl we're on the couch, I was wrapping a towel around her shoulders. The boys stood looking at her like she had three heads.

Mike spoke first, "Is there a number we can call for your parents?" She looked up at him.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked.

"Dustin! You can't just ask someone if they have cancer!" I scorned.

"Did you run away." Lucas asked.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike asked next.

Lucas spoke again, "Is that blood?" He reached his hand out to touch.

Me and Mike smack his hand away. "Stop it! You're freaking her out." Mike told him.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas defended.

"Aye, be nice." I snapped at Lucas. She was looking back and forth between Lucas and Mike.

"I bet she's deaf." Dustin commented. Clapping in her face. She jumped back, startled. "Not deaf." He finished.

"Duh." I shook my head.

"Alright, that's enough, alright! She's just scared." Mike put his hand up, guesturing us to stop.

"And cold," I added as I watched her shiver. "Mike get her something warm." Mike went to get something for her.

Lighting struck and the thunder boomed. She flinched. Dustin and Lucas continued to stare.

Mike came back with some clothes, "Here, these are clean, okay?" He handed the girl some clothes.

We stared, curious to see if she knew what to do. She stood up slowly. Then she reached for the bottom of her shirt and began to pull it up. Mike put his hand down and turned around trying to stop her. I pulled the shirt back down stopping her.

Lucas and Dustin turned around, "Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god." Dustin freaked out.

"Woah, woah, woah, woah," Lucas shouted.

"No, no, don't do that," I said.

"No, no, no." Mike said, lifting his hand up seeing as she had stopped. "See over there," He pointed to the bathroom, "t-that the bathroom. Privacy. Get it?" He asked.

She picked up the clothes and walked towards the bathroom. I helped lead her, Mike followed along. I stepped back when she entered and tried to close the door, she turned around and stopped me.