~recociliation and rediscovering~

Aaghyaa's P.O.V.

~~~

It wasn't the bright sunlight pouring in through the window just above the headboard of the bed that woke me up the next morning, instead it was an asthma attack I must have gotten in the sleep.

I coughed loudly and rubbed my chest to ease myself of the flame residing inside me but all in vain. Until I threw open all the contents of my backpack to find my pump.
I took a swig and calmed down.
After yawning two or three times, I looked around the room that we were assigned by my grandparents.

It was pretty simple, if you ask. The basic theme was wood brown colour and white.
There was a massive wooden bed under a large window, which was just opposite the main door of the room. The window was always open, letting the fresh air of Mussoorie mornings gently blow the white gossamer fibre that the curtain was made out of.
On the right of the bed, was a small dressing table, again wooden, and on the left, was the washroom.

I looked out the window at the peaceful sight that lay in front of my sleepy eyes.
If I were to describe this place; heaven.
Nothing more, nothing less.

I got up and freshened myself up.
Not before combing my hair and putting on a warm jacket to get out the room, did I realise that Maa wasn't in the room in the first place.

I have been so accustomed to living alone in my own room back home, that I completely forgot that she was in the room, just sleeping beside me.

I exited the room hurriedly.

My grandparent's house was pretty big for only two people to reside in it.
The whole house was surrounding a large open area, where my naani kept all her plants and a swing.
The rooms were placed along the perimeter of the square shape of the house.
The ground floor had two rooms, including my grandparent's, and a kitchen.
The upper floor had three rooms.

I ran to the opposite side of the room where I stayed and rushed down the stairs.
After checking the kitchen and the rooms, I knew she had to be in the backyard.
I could hear some murmuring coming from the same direction.

My feet thudded on the wooden flooring as I rushed to the place and I creaked the half-closed door to get a peep of the backyard.

On the very centre, surrounded by all kinds of flowers and bushes, was a metal table and four metal chairs; the three of them occupied by my naani, nana and Maa.
They all were sipping something from a glass cup; tea, I guess...?

While Maa was on the left, facing my grandparents, the latter were facing her on just the opposite side.
Luckily, no one was facing the door through which I was peeping, so I could eavesdrop easily.

Maa was saying something inaudible.
After a second or two, my nana turned slightly towards her and touched her head, and from where I was standing, I could also see him giving her a small smile.

"I never knew that you will forgive me.", Maa said and held her teary face between her hands.

"If you can forgive us for what we did, we can do that too. You are our daughter, beta, we have known love because of you. As tine passed, we realised that you were bound to run away because we didn't treat you nicely. And we were happy, beta. We were truly happy for you that you went away and build a life for yourself. I have always wanted you to be independent. And you have made us proud.", naani said and held Maa's hands in her frail, old ones.

Maa smiled at her and whispered a small 'thank you'.

"I am sorry, Papa. I am so sorry.", Maa said and sniffed her nose.
Nana got up from her chair, raised her up to her, hugged her and said, "I am sorry, too, beta. I haven't been an ideal father myself. Let's start fresh. What do you say?"
She sniffed again and nodded her head; a small smile peeking through all the silent tears that she had been sheading all her life.