~damaging desires~

Anamika's P.O.V.

A few days after the accident.

~~~

flour
sugar
chocolate sticks
moong dal

What else?
I thought and thought about what else I had to buy from the supermarket but couldn't think of anything.

I gulped down my tea angrily.
Why was it that when I had thought about having my usual visit to the market, my mind had listed a hell lot of items that would be just enough to feed an entire city, but now when I quitely sat on the white swing in our porch, sipped tea and made a proper list in a book, I couldn't think of anything?

Ugh.

I abandoned the book and pen on the swing itself and made my way back into the house.

I think I will just go there and look at the items on the shelves.
If I find something worthy, it goes in my cart.

I washed and rinsed the cup and went up to change my clothes for my little trip.
On my way back, I eavesdropped on Aaghyaa's door.
I guess, the slight bit of mother never leaves me even if I wanted it to go.

Upon not hearing even a single pin drop, I concluded that she was at Alfaaz's and won't be back until dusk.

It has been like this for a few days now.
Ever since I had told her to go and thank him for saving her life, they have been hanging around either here on the porch or at his house.

I was taken aback when she informed me that she was going to his home for a while for the very first time.
Knowing my daughter, she only makes, or at least tries to make one, connection or friendship when she has known the person long enough.
But from my only single talk with Alfaaz's mom, I could pretty much make out that just like Aaghyaa, Alfaaz also had near to no friends and was an introvert.

Ironical, how the introverted personality of both the teens, made them acquainted with each other in such a short duration of time.

I locked the door, started my car and drove out the society.

After a few turns and crossing a main crossroad, I finally reached my assigned destination.
Even during this afternoon hour of the scorching sun blazing it's heat on earth, there were numerous people who parked their vehicles in the parking lot, collected the steel trollies from the entrance and shopped in the cool, air-conditioned environment of the humungous supermarket.

I parked my car safely between two others and just when I was about to enter through the sliding doors, my eyes fell on a tiny, new shop that was just beside the market.

When I crooked my head enough to see what it was, I read the board atop it, 'Latitude'.
Curiosity got the better of me, and my steps retreated from entering my location, to going a few steps right and standing outside the entrance of Latitude.

It was a bookstore.

Hmm, I think supermarket could wait.
This definitely is more important.

I have never set foot inside any bookstore after I came here from my hometown.
The very essence of my living, now disgusted me beyond anything.
So, since I can remember, I have only ordered books online.
Mostly, it was Arun who used to buy them from me.

But something about this particular store compelled me to go inside.

So, I pushed open the glass doors of the new bookstore around the corner; the cool blast of air-conditioner blowing on my face.
Good thing my hair is up in a knot, or otherwise it would have been all tangled up by that single blast of cool air.