~a new acquaintance~

Anamika's P.O.V.

~~~

'Inhaling pumps are becoming quite expensive.', I thought as I opened the gates of the society and started my car to enter it.

Wait.
It is either that or the shopkeeper of the new shop from whom I bought Aaghyaa's pump right now, just tricked me.
Ugh.

The old medical shop was better only.
We also have a lifetime offer ten percent off on any medical items offered by the shopkeeper in gratitude of us being their loyal customer for more than two decades.

I grunted as I realised that I also have to get out of the car and shut the gates of the society just as I had stepped out to open it while entering.

Sometimes, I want to be a small kid and thump my way out of my little problems.
But the risk of getting a knee replacement while doing a little whimsical and the embarrassment that will follow if anyone sees a grown woman doing so, will be too much to handle.
So, I quitely got out and closed the gates.

Just as I was about to start my car for the nth time in the day, I heard someone call my name from the right side.
I looked up to find Alfaaz's mom standing outside on her little lawn and watering the plants.
Being the owner of the first house in the row and practically living right beside the gates, had it's advantages; you know who comes and goes everytime, which is the perfect pass-time if you have a nosy elderly lady at your home.
Or it is a disadvantage.
I don't know.

I smiled and waved at her.

"How are you?", she asked after placing the green watering can down on the green grass.

I shut the car door and neared towards her so that neither of us had to shout while talking.

"I am good! What about you? Have you settled yourself down comfortably?"

"Yeah, me and Alfaaz have adapted, but my husband is facing some problems getting used to the new location. Nothing time cannot heal!"

I chuckled and said, "Oh, it's okay. I am sure he will adapt soon enough."

She smiled too, at me, and then, having nothing to talk about, when I was about to say that I should leave, she said cheerfully, "Hey, why don't you come inside?"

"Oh, no, no, no, no! I am getting pretty late! Actually, I should go now!", I said immediately.

"Arey no, wait a second! This is the first time we have talked proerly! I have wanted to talk to you since I came here, but didn't get the chance. Come inside for a while, I am sure you can spare some time!", she insisted.

I bit my lip in doubt.
Well, I had nothing better to do, really and spending some time with your new neighbour didn't seem like a bad idea.
I had just went to the medical store to buy a pump for Aaghyaa after she mercilessly smashed it to the ground and broke it in mere yet sheer fit of rage.
And as today was a holiday, I had nothing better to do than to scroll and drool over some dog pictures.
I think I might sit at hers for a while.

"Come on, now! What are you thinking?"
Her voice brought me back from my whirlpool of thoughts.
I smiled at her and said, "Yeah, I think I will come for a while."

I followed her from her front porch to the door and entered barefoot when she motioned me to come inside.

As soon as I entered the house, my feet were greeted with the coolness of the hardwood floor beneath me.
I must say, their sense of style, was same as mine somewhere down the line, for the small passage that lead to the big living room consisted of antique showpieces and overall exquisite ambience.
From the large vase that was kept just beside the wooden door to the low-lying marble table accompanied by four different coloured chairs in the far end of the room, was the perfect definition of sober and minimalist furniture and yet it is pleasing to the eye.