~a song for a secret~

Aaghyaa's P.O.V.

2 days later.

~~~

The right-to-left movement by me, sitting on the high stool of the kitchen counter table, and my fingers scrolling through instagram went hand-in-hand.

Social media has became such a boring place.
When I had nothing to do in the hospital, I had no other option other than scrolling through some shitty posts and reels on an annoying trend on instagram.
Considering the fact that I had plenty of free time there, I wanted to continue writing, or rather typing my fanfiction on Ajey in the hospital itself but the nurse advised me against that, as doing so would strain my hands which were connected to the glucose drip through a needle that pierced right through the soft flesh on the back of my hand.

One afternoon, I had sneakily tried to talk to my online friend on call when Maa was sleeping and the strict nurse was away, but I was eventually caught by the same nurse.
I was banned from my phone after that till I got discharged to my home.

So, when I finally got home today morning, the first thing I did was check my each and every social media account.

For the first time in a long while, my mom cooked lunch for the both of us.
More than that, we ate together on the dinner table.
Though we did not say a word, pretty much not even looked at each other, it seemed like something new for me.
She quietly went into her room after that and haven't left from there since then.

I was distracted from my senseless scrolling when a notification chimed in my mobile.
It was a twitter alert on a tweet by Ajey.

I went straight to the app and saw what he tweeted.

'The more you see the world, the more you will be grateful for the life you have :) '

Always.
This thing...it happens always.

It's like, if I have a random thought or undergo some incident which alters my thinking, something related to him would show up just to contradict that idea or thought of mine.

I don't think I believe in what he just tweeted, so instead of giving it much thought, I resumed the cardio that I made my fingers do on instagram.

Thud.
Thud.

My face snapped up to the source of sound.
Maa was descending down the stairs in her usual footwear and some non-casual clothes and a handbag.
My eyes went to the wall clock to read the time.

She was going to work at almost 3?!

I shrugged.
Huh, why do I care?

As if her presence in the house is anything more than her absence.

I did not look up to her while she filled a steel bottle full of water.
And nor when she proceeded outside the main door.

"Go and meet Alfaaz afterwards.", she said monotonous-ly.

"What?", I said, more in shock.
I looked up at her to see her adjusting her saree.

"Say a mere 'thank you' to him; he deserves that. Be grateful to the people who did something to you, at least until they are alive."

She said the last part with such spite that I was taken aback.

I straightened up on the chair and said with equal rudeness, "What do you mean?"