~sparkle and shine~

Aaghyaa's P.O.V.

New Year's Eve.

~~

I almost lost my balance as I tried to make my way from the bottom of the stairs to the living room of my own home.

It was New Year's Eve and the whole house was decorated.
The floor was occupied with balloons of white and dark peach colour that seldom had feet of their own and wandered from one part of the room to another.
All the four walls of the living room were decorated with shiny, shifting, delicate strings of golden and silver and the white wall just above the turquoise blue sofa had a whole cluster of those strings from one end to the other.
And just in front of that, bamboozled in large golden balloon letters, was written, 'Happy New Year'.
There were several balloons that were stuck to the walls with different-different fairy lights hung here and there, giving the whole atmosphere a soft ambience.

Yep!
I had decorated the whole house on my own when Maa was away at work, and then, was paying her usual visit to Latitude.
And yes, she bought a membership of that library.
She's growing and I am so proud of her.

A whole packet of balloons went into waste as when Tuffy got to know that I was pumping air into them, he started playing with them and bursted all of them!
I have kept him away since then.

Also, I am happy with my choice of clothing right now.
If you have known me long enough, you would have known that I have hated dresses.
And so, as it was my party, and I could dress however I want, I am wearing a black, v-neck, sleeveless cropped top and bell bottoms below it.
My burgundy hair was down as usual and my eyes were lined with a thin yet dark tint of eye liner and nothing more.

I took out my phone from my pocket as I remembered something.
I had promised three of my online friends that I will video call them after I am done with all the preparations.

I turned the camera of the phone priorly so it faced the whole living room and when they picked up the call, I said in a sing-song manner, "Ya girl did this, bitches!"

Ew, that was cringe.
Meh, who cares?

When I was talking with them and wishing them a happy new year in advance and we were just chit-chatting our way, I heard Maa come out of her room.
I promised my friends that I will call them later on and turned my attention towards her.

She neared me and looked down at herself.
"Be honest, how do I look?", she asked in a single breath.

I looked her from up to down and quite honestly, I think the wideness of both my eyes and my mouth was enough an answer for her.

A dark red knee-length dress hugged her figure but not in an obscene way.
Her long hair were up in a messy knot with a few strands falling here and there; I chuckled and shook my head at that- classic Anamika styled hair.
Coupled with that, she wore a small, delicate tear-shaped diamond necklace and a matching bracelet on one of her wrists.
And to top it all of, her lips were painted bright red.

After I literally had to shook myself internally and bring me back, I said, "Dude, you look like a sexy goddess!", I said.

"Hahaha, thank y- What?! What did you just say?!"

The change in her tone from shy to shocked was quite comical.

"The exact same thing that I said and there's no shame in accepting that, alright?"