Three Weeks

Word count: 1,697

Summary: Loki comes back to you after being gone for three weeks.

***

Loki often spent the night at your New York loft appartment. A gift he gave to you after being absent with no word after roughly six months.

Loki, being a literal God wasn’t around very often, or he was around too much. For example, sometimes you wouldn’t hear from him for months on end, where as other times he would stay with you in the apartment for almost a year.

Where he would leave for a couple hours a day and retun similar to just going to work and coming back like and living your lives like a normal couple.

It was hard. Especially when your friends or family would ask about him. You’d always lie and say, “He’s in the military,” or “he’s a journalist, he’s off in Thailand,” or the most common, “he couldn’t make it.”

You were constantly lying to everyone around about him and it was getting old. Real old…and after three years…it was weighing heavy on you. Dazzling gifts like the apartment or magical items and clothing from his own world didn’t mean a thing.

You sat alone on your luxurious king sized bed with satin sheets and expensive bedding. The entire apartment was large, open, and sparkled. It was all entirley new and over the top.

You always found it a little…too much, though, it read Loki loud and clear. You looked down at your tablet and swiped through work, tired and drained. You felt so alone.

A frighteningly loud sound flew through the room as lights flickered and flashed. You heard a swirling “whoosh” followed by the faint sound of a voice as the sound repeated itself and all became calm once more.

You got up and looked out into the living room where you saw him standing there. He adjusted his costume which was a traditional suit from his own world. Not the black suit and tie you were used to.

“My dear, you won’t believe the day I’ve had!” He ran his fingers through his hair to pull it out of his face, he looked up in the oposite direction of you. “Darling? Y/N-” he turned, “oh- there you are.” He was relaxed, nonchalant and didn’t even appear that excited to see you.

“Three weeks.” You mumbled.

“What was that?” He leaned in closer.

“You’ve been gone three…weeks…Darling.” You mimiced. His raised his brows, surprised.

He often was when he learned how long it had been. Time went differently for him. “One of these days, you’re going to come back and I’m going to be married with kids!”

You huffed past him as you made your way to the kitchen. He gave a weary sigh, and shuffled to follow you.

“Well I should hope not. I have yet to propose.” He muttered as he reached out to place a hand over yours. You pulled away as you sipped on a glass of water.

“Don’t get sweet with me.” You barked as you turned, starred into his eyes, and them stomped back into your bedroom.

“Please don’t be dramatic, darling.”

“I’m not being dramatic! Three weeks, not a word! You’re off, god knows where, doing god knows what-” you paused, “fucking god knows who!”