Sexting

Gender: neutral reader. (Trying out something new) 😜

Word count:

The corner of your lips twitched up at the unexpected compliment and you glanced across the briefing room to where Loki sat, sprawled across two chairs, taking up as much space as he could, legs stretched out straight in front, the absolute picture of relaxation as Commander Hill shared the latest intel on the HYDRA cell her team had been tracking for weeks with the rest of the department heads and liaison officers.

He was bored, that much was obvious. You could hardly blame him; SHIELD briefings were overly repetitive but still a necessity to ensure that everyone knew their roles for the upcoming mission. More often than not, Loki used these mandatory meetings as an excuse to catch an extra hours’ sleep and would then seek you out after for a recap. If it were any other member of the team, you’d have grown sick of that behaviour but with Loki… You couldn’t say for certain but suspected he merely used it as an excuse to spend time with you and you were in no hurry to stop that game.

Your attention drifted back to him again as he shifted ever so slightly on his chairs, the tight fabric of his shirt bunching around his forearms, his jeans pulling across his crotch. Heat flared across your cheeks when Loki winked, catching you staring and absolutely not above flustering you for his own entertainment. He quirked an eyebrow, the unspoken message clear: Like what you see?

Fully aware thatthe horrific details Hillwas sharing did not make a suitable backdrop for flirting, you pushed down the instinct to grin backand refocused on herpresentation. There wasn’t really any new information – not for you at least; you seemed to be the only one that had read the info packed sent over before the meeting, the only one to ever actually prepare for these missions even though you stayed behind for them all– but you let her serious tone keep your thoughts from wandering to inappropriate places.

Loki_Laufeyson to A-00382690:Don’t hide your smile. It makes you shine.

That time it was impossible to keep it down. You almost turned away, leaned into the shadows against the wall, but couldn’t quite bring yourself to. It had only taken a few words but Loki had once again succeeded where many others failed; he slipped through the cracks in your serious, working façade and found a way to remind you that you were more than this job, more than the title agent.

He saw you, even when you tried to hide, and it filled you with a painfully familiar warmth.

And it hurt.

Opening yourself up, piece by piece, until he knew your darkest corners and you his. It was dangerous to care even on a surface level in this job. The world, the universe, was rough and sometimes people didn’t come back. Sometimes it wasn’t even the field that took them, it was just a normal car on the street. Yes, you’d never have to worry about losing Loki that way but there was a chance that one day he would go chasing tyrants and never return.

But for all that these feelings were terrible, they were also wonderful.

These were the sort of feelings that kept you awake at night, had you staring up at the ceiling in search for an answer amongst the shadows, had you tossing and turning when you slept and dreamt of what could be. It was the sort of strength that pulled you through a terrible day, thinking of his face, the special glint in his eye reserved only for you. The terrifying realisation that he would be there for you no matter what, whether you slipped of the rails, whether you were on the best of terms or separated by a sulking silence after a stupid argument. That the same was true for you, too.