First Performance

i. To clear any possible confusion, 'The Ring' is where the circus show is performed, and the 'Back Yard' is the term for the back area where circus performers prepare for a show.

~~~

"Tonight's going to be superb!" White exclaimed, as he attached the special holster to his belt. The circus members who weren't performing, were running back and forth between the 'Back Yard', and the smaller tent set up for extra performers to prep in--with Pippin excitedly following them around. "Hopefully our new additions wont mess anything up." Kimmy commented, as she watched Kit finishing up with Bonnie and Gold, and Ginger trying to finish Mina's makeup--her squirming wasn't helping things.

"Come on! Sit still!" Ginger exclaimed in frustration, after nearly smearing purple lipstick across Mina's small jaw line. "Good grief, Ginger..." Charles muttered, making his way over to the seat Mina had been strapped to. Forcefully, the human's large hands grabbed her face to make her finally stop squirming. Even though he was across the room having his poufy purple bowtie adjusted by one of the extra costumers, Puppet could still see what they were doing. "LEAVE HER BE!"

At that, Kimmy grabbed Charles' newly acquired whip that he had yet to use, and gave it a whip at the air as a warning. "SHUT IT." She warned in a loud tone. Puppet hesitated for a moment, as the costumer helping him froze at the sudden loud cracking noise. The Marionette then decided to ignore the threat, as he heard Mina begin to whimper again in her seat--her face still under White's grasp as Ginger did her remaining makeup. "YOU HURT HER AND I'LL-"

Charles interrupted with a loud and dramatic laugh. Everyone looked to him, as he looked to Kimmy. "Kimberly! My dearest! We don't use that before a performance, lovely." He told her, as she shook her head and gave the 'weapon' to her sweetheart--who then attached it to the holster on his belt. Charles then said, "Tell me what you did yesterday, when Jeremy helped 'prepare' this little 'doll' for tonight?" He challenged. Puppet fell silent, hating the fact that he'd been backed into a corner. "Oh! That's right! You weren't even conscious, and then didn't have the heart to undo the damage, now did you?"

More silence from the more than visually livid parent. "Shut up, and do as you're told, puppet." Charles then ordered in a more strict and threatening tone. "Or you won't get the privilege of staying with your friends tonight. Got it?" The Marionette only answered in frustrated silence. "That's what I thought."

~~~

"The last time I spoke with my brother, was when I saw him in my wife's café on Petal Avenue." Freddy answered for the guard conducting the interview--Dogamy. "And when was that?"

"Last Tuesday, around 1:45 in the afternoon. I had just dropped in for a minute, before having to leave again."

"And what was he doing?" Dogamy asked, as he took notes and checked to make sure the recorder was still going. "Having a cup of tea and reading the newspaper."

~~~

The bright spotlights set up around 'The Ring' were all being manually controlled by Wood and Martinez. The two men had gotten the spotlights pointed directly onto Bonnie and Gold--who were being followed by the Circus Dog. They were a million times brighter than the simple spotlights that would be used for the seemingly tinier show stages at the pizzerias, and it was starting to make the bear's head throb. He was tempted to pull his navy blue printed vest up to cover his already screwed shut eyes in some form of protection.

But, the sound of the Ringmaster's loud and microphoned voice reminded him he had a performance to do, or him and Bonnie would pay for it later on--as Charles had made perfectly clear minutes before the show started.

~~~

"Mina had just gotten over a terrible cold, and Puppet was taking her to her appointment that day." Ballora began to explain in a low tone, trying to keep as calm as she could. Sitting just outside the interview room, were the other three 'Minireenas', who were being kept company by Luciana--one of the receptionists.

"When did they arrive home?" Dogeressa asked next. "... They d-didn't..." Ballora told her. "The last I heard, was a message from my husband saying they were on their way home." She added, as she watched Dogeressa write something down.

~~~

Their body weight was creating an overbearing edge as the string connected to their hooks was being pulled at by the Trapezists above

Their body weight was creating an overbearing edge as the string connected to their hooks was being pulled at by the Trapezists above. With each tug of the strings, either their arm or torso would be moved in a different direction. The whole thing was a simplified iteration of a trapeze routine, except without the need of the ropes set up above 'The Pit'.

Mina's small cries of pain were drowned out by the sound of the music for their act being played on the portable loud speakers, and then by the loud applause of the humans watching the twisted performance. By the end of it, Puppet could see his daughter's little body trembling terribly from everything.

~~~

"... And Ella was last seen at the convenience store on the corner of Hillfield and Andover street at 2:38pm last Tuesday." Dogamy finished explaining, as he, his wife and Undyne were going over the witness reports. "... Okay..." The Captain slowly answered, looking over the files herself. "That's all we got, Captain." Dogaressa added.

"Right. Okay, well now we gotta find some sort of commonality between each statement. That way, we can try and created a time frame of when they each disappeared."

"We're on it Captain, right darling dearest?"

"Why, yes we are, my love!"