To the Next Venue

Every parent knows the exact sound of their child's cries. Not just cries for attention, or of a tantrum, but cries of pain and true sadness. It's a cry they could hear in a sea of children laughing and giggling, of kids' whines for attention and of crying from a place of simply a sour attitude. Such a cry is a sound that puts any devoted mother or father on high alert, as such a true cry could mean a plethora of things.

So, that was what brought the Marionette to his senses immediately, when he heard Mina crying her poor little eyes out. His dark eyes opened, to see a dark, and eerily familiar environment. He appeared to have woken up in what was clearly a transport truck. He wasn't sure what all the plastic crates and boxes held, as it was too dark to read the labels on anything. For a moment, he thought back to all the times Fazbear Entertainment had moved him and his friends from location to location over the years in their own company trucks.

For a moment.

Puppet's attention came back to his daughter. Looking to his side, he could see Mina sitting on the floor of the trailer. Her little hands, still hidden in her father's coat sleeves, were constantly coming up to wipe the tears from her eyes. Sitting just to her opposite side, was her aunt Ella--who was trying to give some form of comfort to her niece. Ella's green eyes came up and met her brother-in-law's darker ones that were now glowing in the dark.

"Look," Ella quietly said to Mina. "Your daddy's awake." Mina's little head turned to look at him with the blink of an eye. "Daddy!" She exclaimed, quickly climbing onto Puppet's lap. He didn't hesitate to wrap his long arms around her, ready to fight anyone who dared take her from his grasp. "We were' beginnin' to think you weren't gonna wake up." A familiar voice commented. The Marionette's attention returned to the rest of the trailer's occupants. Sitting on the ground, and some boxes, were Gold and Bonnie. The bear's dark eyes seemed to cast as little light as Puppet's, and not with glasses before them.

"Where are we?" The Marionette slowly asked, trying to fight the grogginess lingering in his voice. Gold sighed and shook his head. "We don't know. Don't know who brought us here, or where we're bein' taken'." He then noticed Puppet trying to use his free hand to use his magic. "I've already tried." Gold started. "Our magic isn't workin'." He motioned to a small dark grey anklet on his own ankle, then the even smaller one securely attached to the Marionette's

Puppet let out a quiet sigh of disappointment, and did another once over of their surroundings. "Is it just us?" He asked, before a sixth voice spoke up. "Cupcake!" Carl called out, from where he was sat on a box near Ella's shoulder. "That's everyone." Ella added, somewhat depressively.

~~~

"Come on... Pick up..." Freddy quietly said into the phone. He'd been trying to get ahold of his older brother after his and Chica's search for Carl was beginning to be concerningly difficult. "Has he seen him?" Chica eagerly asked, after having asked monsters on the street if they'd seen Carl. Freddy shook his head, as his thumb hovered over the call option of Gold's contact listing. "He's not answering." The bear began. "I'm gonna give Spring a call just in-"

Freddy's phone began ringing. It just happened to be Springtrap calling. "Hello?" Freddy answered, holding the device up to his ear. "Do you know where your brother is? I was supposed to meet him an hour ago." The bear froze for a minute, earning a questioning look from Chica. "...you were?"

"Yes. Where is he?"

"I um... have been trying to get ahold of him for several minutes now." A pause on the other end. "I'll go see if he's at home." Springtrap then said, before Freddy responded with, "I'll go check in with our parents* and see if they know where he is." After that, Springtrap hung up.

"What is it?" Chica asked, seeing Freddy's look of concern begin to grow. "That was Springtrap. He was apparently supposed to meet up with Gold an hour ago, but he never showed..." The bear started. "Look, you keep asking around and looking for Carl, I'll look on my way to my parents'. I'm gonna ask them if they know where Gold or Carl are, okay?"
"Yeah... Yeah okay."

~~~

*See book four of this AU, 'Thing You Forget With'.