Bands Usually Break Up Anyway

1st pov😈

I started to get a little worried. They were speaking as if it were Top Secret. I wasn't going to ask who was on the phone, but my nosy ass asked anyway.

"Who was on the phone?"

Abel turned to me and grimaced. Maybe he didn't like the fact that I was trying to get in his business.

"It's no biggie, don't worry about it," he attempted to give me a smile. It was the worst attempt in the history of fake smiles.

I should have stopped there. No, however, wasn't a good enough response for me. I was just as important as them so why didn't I get to know.

"Huh, funny, you seem real stressed about it." All I could do was glare daggers in Abel's direction. I needed to know who was on that phone.

Abel seemed to get upset at my comment.

"Why don't you mind your own business, y/n and we'll mind ours." He growled. It was a little intimidating, but it wasn't intimidating enough for me to stop.

"Who the fuck was on that phone Abel?!"

CJ stepped in before any of us could continue.

"Y/n, please understand that it's something we don't want you to get involved in.. I don't want you to get involved in," he cried. For once, I didn't care about the way CJ said my name. I didn't care that he cared.

Max sat silently in the corner watching it all unfold. He looked hesitant; he wanted to help one side but he didn't know which.

"What? So your a drug dealer or somethin'? Should I turn you into the police?"

"No, it's not like that!"

"Then why are you being so fucking secretive?! We've been 'friends' for a while now, can't you trust me?"

The room went silent. Abel looked even more frustrated then before, Max looked shocked, and CJ looked hurt. I didn't care at the moment. I was being selfish. I didn't know when to stop.

Abel took whatever he left on the garage floor and muttered to CJ before leaving. CJ looked even worse than before.

The room was even more silent after that. Max looked to CJ and me and nodded. He silently walked out of the door too.

It was just me and CJ. I could hear my heart pulse loudly in the room. I wondered if CJ could hear it too. He avoided making eye contact with me, so I avoided eye contact with him as well.

"Look y/n, it wasn't anything important.. it just took me by surprise all right? No hard feel-"

"No, CJ. There are a shit load of hard feelings. You're lying straight to my face, I know you are! I'm just trying to grasp the reason why."

CJ looked at me, even more hurt than before. His eyes a little teary, his blue eyes a lot more dull than usual. He turned swiftly and reached the door frame.

"Thanks. I guess." And left. I was left alone in the room, unsure of what to do.

CJ's POV😳:

Everyone else left. It was just me and y/n standing in this uneasy silence. I didn't like it. I didn't like that we had to fight. I didn't like that I didn't know what to say to them.

After a long time of trying to talk to them, I could finally feel the water in my eyes. The tears threatening to spill out any second. I didn't want y/n to see me crying, it would be embarrassing on my half.

I left after saying bye. I got no response from them. That hurt.

I exited their house and started my walk outside. The sun was shining so brightly and the wind was so gentle. It was the perfect day to be happy, right?

I could hear families and kids at the park as I passed. They seemed happy. They didn't look like they were on the brink of crying. They could form simple sentences without violently sobbing.

I let out a sigh as the voices became distant. The wind blew back the tears that had formed on my cheeks. I was supposed to be tough, intelligent, and a good friend and bandmate. But no. I got stuck here with the idea that maybe I wasn't cut out for friends or maybe I was too selfish earlier.

My thoughts lingered back to the phone call. It wasn't possible. Actually, it was very possible, but that's not the point.

Why did that... person have to call. Why did that person want to call. Whatever it was, it was nothing good. If Abel wasn't mad or upset with me later, I could ask then.

I fell onto my mattress not caring if I broke the bed. Not caring if I broke anything.

I shuddered as a cold breeze whipped around my body so suddenly. I wanted to think. Think about what happened, think about what I did, think about apologizing.

My mind wandered back to Abel and Y/n fighting. I probably should've said something useful back there. Something that would've resolved all of their problems.

I found it funny how I'd just met Y/n about a month ago and I was already attached to them. Not in a lovey dovey way, but in a platonic way. They made me feel so at ease... it was nice.

My phone buzzed. It was Vade. I thought I had her number blocked. I thought.

"What do you want, Vade?" My voice had an edge to it. I scared myself a little bit.

"Well I called your friend earlier,, he never answered my question if you were there or not.. so I'll ask you myself," she sounded bored and excited at the same time. She's so odd.

"Two minutes tops, go."

"Well I wanna know if we can give what we had another chance. There's clearly chemistry still sizzling.. I'll be more serious about it this time I promise!"

Her cries sounded so desperate.

I didn't know what ran through my thoughts at that moment. I just got this surge of anger towards my friends. I thought about it.

"Sure. Why not."

Unexpected plot twist. Yes this is a CJ x reader fanfic, I'm just trying to spice it up. My posts haven't been very frequent and I apologize for that.
I will try to get more chapters out soon.
@AwesomeAnimalSnowi
Are you hyped?😈😈
Thanks for the support btw.
Live y'all
<3
Word count: 1091